JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing the 4wd.com website when I saw that they now have ProComp front and rear driveshafts available for JK's with 0-4" lift. And from looking at the pictures, it seems they are not a double cardan style like other shafts are.

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?jeep-sid=98&plID=10702&partID=41517

This is from their website: The factory driveshaft ball and cage design joint is replaced with #1310 style u-joints to allow for a stronger engagement, increase the range of motion, and improve seal and driveline life. Exclusive yokes, not flange adapters, are used to allow for a longer driveshaft, unlike our competitors versions. Pro Comp Suspension rear driveshaft’s are constructed from 3.00”x 0.095” DOM (drawn-over-mandrel) steel. Kits come complete with necessary mounting hardware.

Now I know ProComp isn't the most popular brand out their, but it seems that a single cardan is safer for the drivetrain then a double cardan?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have them front and rear, they work great for me

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where they hard to install? Any pictures?

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
This will only work if the front pinon yoke and transfer case front drive shaft yoke are at exactly the same angle. A double cardan is used where there is an extreme angle, or where the angles aren't the same, both of which are likely if you lift the vehicle more than 2.5". Not sure what your situation is, but bear in mind excessive driveline vibration on JKs is turning into more than just an annoyance. Cases are showing up where transfer cases on Rubis are literally exploding or shearing off the transmissions. Gotta find a way to smooth things out.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's why I asked about these driveshafts for a 2.5" lift. Every story I see about t-cases exploding have double cardan driveshafts on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts