JKOwners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have gotten into an internet fight with a JK aftermarket manufacturer on another site. (yes, I cheated) They are also on this site. A very popular vendor to say the least. The thread got closed, and then I get PM'd from them continuously. We are both convinced each party is in the right. I think it needs to be brought over here for y'all to call us both assholes. Some bashing from both sides of the aisle is probably appropriate. Like I said, I think I'm right, he thinks the same.

Is it reasonable to bring a link to thread on other jeep forum, then post PMs, and let judgement fall on JKO? This is no insult to other jeep forums. I just know aside from Pirate, this is the only site that will not take hurt, sadface feelings of vendors or customers to be without fault.

Mods: If this is deemed stupid, feel free to delete. Won't shed a tear. I like this place too much too get booted over something as stupid as this. Just frustrated from an argument that seems to have no end.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
:drinking-42::drinking-42:

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
So, I have gotten into an internet fight with a JK aftermarket manufacturer on another site. (yes, I cheated) They are also on this site. A very popular vendor to say the least. The thread got closed, and then I get PM'd from them continuously. We are both convinced each party is in the right. I think it needs to be brought over here for y'all to call us both assholes. Some bashing from both sides of the aisle is probably appropriate. Like I said, I think I'm right, he thinks the same.

Is it reasonable to bring a link to thread on other jeep forum, then post PMs, and let judgement fall on JKO? This is no insult to other jeep forums. I just know aside from Pirate, this is the only site that will not take hurt, sadface feelings of vendors or customers to be without fault.

Mods: If this is deemed stupid, feel free to delete. Won't shed a tear. I like this place too much too get booted over something as stupid as this. Just frustrated from an argument that seems to have no end.

Details, man details.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just waiting on a Mod's opinion.
I think they have been forewarned from said vendor. I'm kind of putting folk in a bad position. For that, I'm sorry.
But this shit has gone pretty close to full retard. Maybe I'm a drama queen.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Just post a link. No one around here cares about links to other sites or legitimate gripes.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I'm not going to ban you but I may wind up closing this thread after I check out the link...

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Really... seven pages of what seems to equate to a lot of drama-

I would ask that you post the cliff-notes version here, but really... this is a dispute between you and RK. You will likely get varying opinions here on JKO and that's not going to bring resolve to either parties.

I honestly don't know what you're going to gain by posting the PM's either... besides the fact that I don't think that posting PM's is going to bring much sympathy from aforementioned vendor.

If the current dilemma is that they are standing firm and that you are too, then there really is no resolve that's going to satisfy you. Someone has to compromise and that is not JKO's responsibility to ask either of you to do that.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Looked like it was 7 pages of whining. Is there a TL;DR version?

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
Readit all....

And as requested....

Your an asshole !

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
I'm familiar with the original issue that was the motivation for your initial involvement in the thread.

I think you took what Jeremy said out of context when he asked for your name.
I am confident that he asked so that he could pull up your information to see when you ordered and refresh his memory on the situation. The who, what, when, why, where in situations like this are a ton of help when someone pops back up a year later.

My only goal in saying any of this is to offer perspective from the other side. If I totally missed the point of why you're mad forgive me, I tried. LOL

That being said, I don't see putting yourself or anyone else on public display as a reasonable solution to this situation. Dragging it out here won't do anything but make you more angry.

No matter what happens, no one is going to win and there will be no hero's ball after the thread gets locked down.

Save your energy IMO.

Marcus

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Holy crap, I read the whole thing thinking you were the OP and wondering why you were in Albuquerque. BTW your cliffs notes sucked :thefinger: What was your beef again other than somebody on a phone called us all dumb one time in the distant past?
I'm familiar with the original issue that was the motivation for your initial involvement in the thread.

I think you took what Jeremy said out of context when he asked for your name.
I am confident that he asked so that he could pull up your information to see whoeen you ordered and refresh his memory on the situation. The who, what, when, why, where in situations like this are a ton of help when someone pops back up a year later.

My only goal in saying any of this is to offer perspective from the other side. If I totally missed the point of why you're mad forgive me, I tried. LOL

That being said, I don't see putting yourself or anyone else on public display as a reasonable solution to this situation. Dragging it out here won't do anything but make you more angry.

No matter what happens, no one is going to win and there will be no hero's ball after the thread gets locked down.

Save your energy IMO.

Marcus
That's the same way I read it. "Hey who are you,I don't remember."

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
As I said... nothing is going to get resolved this way.

I'm going to close this and I advise the OP to continue handling this matter in PM's or by phone with the vendor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.