JKOwners Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Check battery terminals and make sure they are tight. This is what caused my 2012 JKU to do this. Got one of those cheap lead battery post expanders and cautiously beat my OEM battery terminals on, no more problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan with the Headlights flash 5 times with about 5 seconds in between each flash also.
I cleaned the battery posts and crossed the positive and negative wires off of the battery for 30 seconds to drain any capacitor if there is one located in the lighting system.
I wish Chrysler would expose the reason for the problem as well as provide a FREE FIX for the problem.
Has ANYONE - even a Chrysler employee - found a fix for this problem?
Please post.
Thank you.
PS. If there is any way the solution could be sent to everyone having this problem in this thread, PLEASE FORWARD the answer to us.

·
Banned
690 Posts
We have a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan with the Headlights flash 5 times with about 5 seconds in between each flash also.
I cleaned the battery posts and crossed the positive and negative wires off of the battery for 30 seconds to drain any capacitor if there is one located in the lighting system.
I wish Chrysler would expose the reason for the problem as well as provide a FREE FIX for the problem.
Has ANYONE - even a Chrysler employee - found a fix for this problem?
Please post.
Thank you.
PS. If there is any way the solution could be sent to everyone having this problem in this thread, PLEASE FORWARD the answer to us.
As you are posting your question to a Wrangler JK forum in a JK section, which is most of this forum, to which this is the wrong area for your question. There are more appropriate sections for you to post in for your question where you can always reference this thread.

Good luck with your issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my 08 with stock bulbs was doing the same thing. The blower fan was also cutting off intermittently as well. Turned out the TIPM was fucked. Took it to the dealer and they replaced it. Haven't had a problem with either the lights or the blower since.I had purchased the extended warranty when I bought the Jeep. That shit has more than paid for itself many times over. :koolaid2:
I see this thread is old but it's worth a shot. I'm having the same issue. Blower fan would cut on and off. Headlights wouldn't work from time to time they would flicker a 4-5 times and shut off for good. It's been months since that issue started. They would occasionally stay on but now they refuse to stay on every time. Where did you take your TIPM to get fixed and have you had any issues since?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon.
When I switch on my headlights they flash around 3-5 times with equal lengths in between flashes.
After it's done flashing they stay off and won't come on.
I've had this happen once before and it was some type of security feature.
I found a thread on some forum, that I can't remember, that gave a sequence to perform to fix this problem, but I can't find it anywhere and I don't remember the sequence.

Does anyone know about this?
I nave the same problem after market

7" LED Headlights with RGB Halo + 4" LED Fog Lights for Jeep Wrangler...

Sold By: Ansite

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Possible TIPM but get Jscan and set lights to work with both LED and HID lights. Can also set the voltage to lights, Stock varies from about 12.8 to full voltage. Jscan allows you to set it up to 13.8v.
Can also change gear ratios, tire size, turn tire pressure system off, turn electronic swaybar off etc. Will not alter engine programming.
The way it works is the headlight switch sends a digital signal to the canbus system to ecm and tipm to run lights. Wiper switch runs through it too but wiper switch can be tested with an ohmmeter.
07-11 JKs and JKUs have a sorry ground system (the infamous starter clunk), Run extra grounds, Battery to engine, engine to both front fender ground studs, battery to right fender ground studs, down to trans etc. Make a loop, Use decent wire, I used 10 ga. with soldered rings on wires.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It just happened to me last night for first time. It's been very wet and raining past few days, and I haven't driven jeep all week. Maybe moisture is shorting something out???
I have had this happen a number of times with super humid weather. It's doing it again tonight. Usually by the morning when the dew point drops they're back to normal. I have no idea why, but it's extremely frustrating because it always obviously happens at night.. thank God for fog lights.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts