JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an 06 lj rubi recently. The valve cover has a lot of old dried oil on it. Considering it has 142k miles on it, I figured I might as well replace the valve cover gasket and grommets for the ccv vents. Problem is I cannot find the part number for the rear grommet. Anyone have part numbers/a source for front and rear grommets?

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are the two grommets the same size? There was a lot of confusion when I called Morris earlier on it (same with the local jeep dealer's parts dept). I just wanted to have the parts before I started taking the cover off. The old grommets will probably disintegrate when I pull them out.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Are the two grommets the same size? There was a lot of confusion when I called Morris earlier on it (same with the local jeep dealer's parts dept). I just wanted to have the parts before I started taking the cover off. The old grommets will probably disintegrate when I pull them out.
I always thought they were. and looking at the FSM parts list it appears so

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great! Thanks. I just hate going to the parts store (or hunting in vain) during an install. Much better to have everything on hand before starting.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like the grommets are NOT the same size. I talked with the dealer parts folks today and have replacement grommets and elbows coming. Will post actual part numbers here when I get them. Also, the part number that O'Reilly and Advance had were wrong (hole was too big).

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry for the delay in posting...

rear valve grommet-53013743AB

front valve cover grommet-...
numbers on the under side, not top...

·
Made in the U.S.A.
1,023 Posts
BGALL, give Andrew Harris (our closeout sales guy) a call at 805-584-8635. We have some used TJ parts on our Closeout and frequently have take-off TJ parts available. He might be able to assist you.

Tom

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will do. I hope to get the order done today. I have to call and bitch at the folks at quick books after work though. Probably an hour of my day I will never get back...

·
Made in the U.S.A.
1,023 Posts
Will do. I hope to get the order done today. I have to call and bitch at the folks at quick books after work though. Probably an hour of my day I will never get back...

Sounds like fun! I feel a storm coming........ :shitstorm:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts