JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys i trashed my ring and pinion on my OX locked Dana 30 at crab tree falls VA on sunday. Instead of fixing it and chancing it to break again i bit the bullet and ordered a dynatrac pro rock 44. Arb locker, rvc axles, 4.88s and synergy ball joints. My question is i understand ill have to get a arb compressor for the locker, but how exactly does that work? Is there a switch that you have just for the compressor and then a seperate switch for the locker? Once locked do you have to keep the compressor on? Any input would be awesome:beer:

·
Jeepineer
1,495 Posts
The compressor feeds about 100psi constant to the locker. It's what keeps it locked. When pressure is removed, the locker unlocks.

Your PR should come with a rocker switch, air tubing, and solenoid for the locker. The compressor itself will come with the compressor switch and wiring harness. The ARB compressor harness works by staging the swtiches. The compressor switch activates the compresser (which has an auto cutoff), and "turns on" the primary switch. If you only have a front locker, the front switch is primary. If you have front and rear ARB, rear is primary. Flip the primary swith and it turns on the secondary....

If you don't want to deal with the shit ton of wiring and potential electrical failures, you can use mechanical valves off the small tank on the compressor.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok i think i understand what your saying, and i will only be running ARB in the front. So your saying that would be just 1 rocker switch then? for turning the compressor on and off, which locks and unlocks the locker

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
2 rocker switches. One to turn on the compressor and 1 to activate the locker.

You flip the switch for the compressor and it will pressurize the tank. You then flip the locker switch to activate the locker.

The smallest arb compressor takes only a few seconds to fill

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
7 Posts
be very glad you went arb locker. i made the mistake of getting the stock jk electric locker, its junk never works, i have it fixed take it out enguage it and nothing, called dyna trac and they dont have an answer for me, call the shop i take my jeep and they have no clue.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
be very glad you went arb locker. i made the mistake of getting the stock jk electric locker, its junk never works, i have it fixed take it out enguage it and nothing, called dyna trac and they dont have an answer for me, call the shop i take my jeep and they have no clue.
Eaton will be making a direct replacement for the OEM locker very soon! Hang tight!

RK

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome thanks guys, works out i still have two available spots for rocker switches :th_pray:

·
Jeepineer
1,495 Posts
Eaton will be making a direct replacement for the OEM locker very soon! Hang tight!

RK
Are they going to put 4 pinion and cross pins in it like the rest of the quality D44 selectables out there or are they still leaving it 2 pinon? At least I think it was their elocker..... :gluging:

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Are they going to put 4 pinion and cross pins in it like the rest of the quality D44 selectables out there or are they still leaving it 2 pinon? At least I think it was their elocker..... :gluging:
I would check with Eaton on that. We are not sure if they changed it or are in the process of changing it, but the 4 pinion and cross pin design should be a reality.

RK

1 - 10 of 10 Posts