JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously considering picking up an '09 Rubi in the next day or two and wanted to see if the price sounds right.

11K miles, good shape overall, hard top, 6disc/no nav

$29K from a dealer.

Edmunds/KBB say $30-32K, but I can get an identically equipped 2010 for about 34 according to the jeep website.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
What can you grab a brand new one for? 33 or so? I would probably take new over the used one for a few grand.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Price difference here is 8k, but there is a point. You'll find out that Rubi Dana 44's aren't dana 44's, I just spent 2500 just in regearing both axles and doing a sleeve and struss kit to the front.

so 8k....
3600 per axle for the dana 60's, geared any way you like it, with ARB's
Atlas Transfer case 2200....I'd go that route, you get the 35 spline axles that you don't have to regear, truss, or pay another 2k later in hardened axles.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
2dr or 4dr? i left the lot for $21k for my 2dr rubicon? I'm wondering why the "x" owner didn't just pay the "extra" 2k and get the Rubicon? :thefinger:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
something to think about if you're not going to get crazy with mods...

lifetime powertrain warranty on 09...not on 2010 (i dont think). the warranty still applies on used ones...right?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
something to think about if you're not going to get crazy with mods...

lifetime powertrain warranty on 09...not on 2010 (i dont think). the warranty still applies on used ones...right?
If it is a dealer demo...YES. If not then NO. The lifetime powertrain is only applicable to the original vehicle owner.

·
Registered
180 Posts
"2dr or 4dr? i left the lot for $21k for my 2dr rubicon? I'm wondering why the "x" owner didn't just pay the "extra" 2k and get the Rubicon?"

That sounds like the greatest deal in the world!? Are you a jedi? Did you use your jedi powers to make them sell it to you for 21k?
But seriously, that sounds a bit far fetched. What year was it, How many miles did it have, what color is it, and what dealership did you get it from?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I bout an 08 rubi in dec of 08 fully loded with half doors and nav for 22k and it only had 12k miles it was certified preowned with a 8yr 80k mile waritny on power train

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I got my '09 Sahara Unlimited with "0" miles on it for $28k.....so what depreciation hit did you really save?;)
you got a Sahara not a Rubicon.:thefinger::beer::beer:..both were great deals, but mine I can tell ya for a fact was 1k under wholesale and that's before we started discussing my trade-in. It helps to buy in the last few months of the year as most of the dealerships are quick to unload as much of their "overhead" before the bean counters ransack the joint. Not to mention I got an immediate return on the sales tax by being able to count it on my Fed return two months later.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts