JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:pissed:Has anyone else had issues with the premium stereo pkg? My speakers "pop" when the bass is turned up or when I have a CD playing. Anyone heard of any TSB's or recalls on it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the stealership has already changed the head unit, the amplifier and ALL of the speakers and it is still happening! They called Chrysler and the response was "do not replace any more parts. The same condition will exist. Issue is under investigation." kinda p.o'd that I paid for a premium system and I am just getting premium BS
LOL

·
Registered
420 Posts
I haven't had any problems with mine. Definitely take it in.

Edit - sorry didn't read all the posts - that definitely sounds like this is something that Jeep has heard about and that they're not sure how to fix. Hmmm - let us know how it goes and keep bugging the dealer about it.

·
14ers
479 Posts
Can't say I have heard of anyone having a problem with the premium stereo.

Mine really cranks all the way to max volume.
I must admit, all 5 family members have tested this possible problem by playing each persons respective music preferences at the maximum volume without any performance issues. Of course, we must be considerate to our highway neighbors and keep the volume below 24 for most of our journeys. The unit also performs well under these "less aggressive" situations. :jester:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update for anyone reading this thread. Had it back into the dealership AGAIN today, but the good news is that the issue is now resolved!! All they had to do was flash the program (like I asked them to do 6 weeks ago) and it has solved the issue completely. Thanks all for your input!!:bounce::beer:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to your final update. I just traded in my '07 Patriot CVT2L for a 4dr Unlimited X, and have exactly the same problem you describe. Now I can go to the dealer and insist on a system wide flash update and not have to wait weeks before they try it. :D

On another note, I was wondering two things about the stereo system (Standard 6 Disc Changer/DVD sales code REQ). Is there actually a way to extract DVD video from this unit? (after all, it does say DVD Video/Audio in the bottom left LED display)

More importantly though - for music mode - a way to enable random playback?! The standard CD player has the RND button where this unit has an Load button...

Many thanks in advance!
12345p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks to your final update. I just traded in my '07 Patriot CVT2L for a 4dr Unlimited X, and have exactly the same problem you describe. Now I can go to the dealer and insist on a system wide flash update and not have to wait weeks before they try it. :D

On another note, I was wondering two things about the stereo system (Standard 6 Disc Changer/DVD sales code REQ). Is there actually a way to extract DVD video from this unit? (after all, it does say DVD Video/Audio in the bottom left LED display)

More importantly though - for music mode - a way to enable random playback?! The standard CD player has the RND button where this unit has an Load button...

Many thanks in advance!
12345p
For getting the dvd out, yes you can.
You can search and someone posted how to wire up to the right pinouts. I don't remember, or have one of those radios.
For the other, no idea.

·
Registered
110 Posts
This is why I love modern technology. Long story short, had the same issue with the right side front speaker popping at low/high volumes. Went in for my first oil change and described the issue and what needs to be done for a possible fix (referencing this thread). The tech was on top of it as soon as he heard the problem. They tried to upgrade the firmware but got an error pointing to a problem with the amp. Ordered a new amp which came in the very next day. They installed the amp and upgraded the firmware to the latest release and now everything seems to be fine. In fact the music is more 3D to my ears and I can feel the bass where it needs to be, in the back. Even my jazz collection sounds better.

Thanks for the information sharing on issues like these.

:beer: for all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts