JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my '10 unlimited sahara monday. And ofcourse im ready to start modding it. First thing im planning is petty simple just had a quick question. Ive looked through the whole electrical tech forum and haven't found a definitive yes or no, I may have over looked it.

I already have a sub and amp form my previous vehicle I would like to add to the jeep. I have the Navigation and inifiniti system with sub. I was wondering if the factory head unit happened to have pre-amp outputs on it? I'm guessing it probably doesn't but id like to know ahead of time so i can line up everything i need to do the install so i only have to take the dash apart once. Need to know if a line converter is in my future or not.

·
Registered
120 Posts
RCA

I was going to take a line level converter off the sound bar speakers and run the wires under the roll bar and then snaked to an amp under the passenger seat. I have not taken the sound bar apart to see whats involved but thats the idea. There are epensive adapters you can buy from places like installer . com (just a place i know of off the top of my head) Make sure you post pictures of what ever you end up doing.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
There are no preouts you have to either run a line level or use an amp with speaker level inputs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response guys. I kinda figured it would have pre-amps but I figured i might get lucky. I guess for now ill grab a line converter so i can get a lil more thump until I get around to re-doing the whole audio situation. I really like all the features of the stock head unit so in the future i may have to throw a JL clean sweep on there.

·
Registered
578 Posts
DO NOT tap into the sound bar speakers for sub woofer output. The sound bar speakers are high passed at the Infinity amp to reduce buzzing and rattling. If you're replacing the stock sub then tap into the existing sub wires. If you don't have the Infinity system then tap into the front speakers for a full range signal. Then you can adjust your low pass crossover at the amp.

:)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the heads up on the sound bar speakers not playing full range. I had no idea they did that. I guess I'll be adding the converter in this weekend while i am wiring up my windshield lights. I'm tired of taking that dash apart!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts