JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guru's off the Offroad and OnRoad...

I saw Dave (of PP) posted something about doing your suspension right and linked to their Synergy II kit.

I stated before I am doing it right and I already know its going to be a Poly Performance kit. So, do I do the Synergy II kit then later upgrade the upper control arms (if thats even needed with the II kit).

Thanks....

And input from Poly Performance would be great too!

One more thing...do I go with the Poly Performance Shocks (I hear they are Edelbrock shocks, Pretty cool) or go for the Fox Shocks...

My jeep? 07 4 Door Rubi. Daily Driver that I do off road. Automatic as well, softtop.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
That, I think, comes down to a cash flow question. Yes, you "need" both those. I do too! Everybody NEEDS Fox shocks. :grinpimp:

Question is, do you have the clams laying around? Is it worth a couple G's for better on road ride, better offroad ride and all together (shhh.. don't mention this part, it is stricty for performance) PIMP status? ;)

The Synergy shocks will be fine but I guess you say "doing it right" ....

I say if you are doing it right, you are already buying the full kit (that I want dammit!) and if you got the money then do it. On the other hand, your not exactly going to hate your Jeep if you ONLY have a synergy II kit and synergy shocks,lol

By the way. On the control arms. I would recomend getting them along with this kit and doing it during the same install. Since you will already be dug into it a bit it may be a good time to do it, if not at least for durability sake. It is a little bit of work to do at a later time if doing it yourself. What height of lift are you going to get? Possibly consider the cost of drive shafts if you are going 4.5"

are you installing this yourself or having it done?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking at the 3" lift and running 35's. And will be doing the install myself with friends.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Then I guess I would say shafts and upper arms are optional. People seem to be split in opinons on that for a 3" lift. are you getting steel bumpers? My understanding is it will be 3" WITH aftermarket bumpers so it may be a little higher if your not.

Still think the answer is whether they fit in your budget so you may still be the only one that can answer this question. It will still be an awesome setup even without the Fox shocks and i think you won't have problems without the shafts and arms at 3" but I think it could be better for longevity if you did have those.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have the PP Synergy III on my JK and love it. I am in your shoes, i use my rig daily and wheel it every weekend when possible (less lately). The Jeep drives excellent and I thing that you will enjoy the III set up. The upper control arms are benifical for pinion angles etc, however, like it was stated above, it depends on what you are running. I am runing the 4" set up with 37's so I liked the adjustablity. All the shock options you mentioned are great. I have the FOX adjustable on mine and these are awesome, the adjustability is great. These are more shock than I will ever need.

I cant say enough about this company, great Customer Service and awesome products. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I really like the guys from PP. I like the fact that they are here and try to help too...and to me it looks like they actually waited to get everything just right before coming to market. Which is what I like.

Maybe I will just order the SYNERGY III with Fox Shocks...I really don't know if I should get the 4.5" lift I do like the 3" kit. But I think the only real difference there is the spring selection.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah I really like the guys from PP. I like the fact that they are here and try to help too...and to me it looks like they actually waited to get everything just right before coming to market. Which is what I like.

Maybe I will just order the SYNERGY III with Fox Shocks...I really don't know if I should get the 4.5" lift I do like the 3" kit. But I think the only real difference there is the spring selection.
If you're like me the first time you pull up next to a JK with a 4.5in and you went with the 3in... you'll say, damn it damn it damn it! :D

I went with 4in, that might be just me though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spring selection is the only difference between the two. If your staying at 3", Stage II should be fine, there's nothing to stop you from upgrading later.

Thanks Garrett tats what I needed to know. COOL...:beer:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Thanks Garrett tats what I needed to know. COOL...:beer:
Yea, the only difference between 2 and 3 is that 3 comes with the adjustable upper control arms. The arms are only really needed when doing the driveline upgrades which we do recommend.

Let us know if anyone else has any questions. We are here to help......

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, the only difference between 2 and 3 is that 3 comes with the adjustable upper control arms. The arms are only really needed when doing the driveline upgrades which we do recommend.

Let us know if anyone else has any questions. We are here to help......
And people wonder why I am dead set on Poly stuff.....:bounce:

A

·
0 Posts
I also did the 4.5” III kit with fox adjustable shocks and am glad I did.

Awesome setup for the 4 doors, great on road comfort and really great off road performance. It's a fairly easy install and I’d never lifted a truck myself or anything close before.

·
Registered
592 Posts
The front upper control arms are not absolutely needed on a 3" lift, and the rear upper control arms are only needed if you upgrade the rear drive shaft.

I like the valving on the Synergy shocks best, they are digressive valved so they have more control on the road but work very well off road, the Fox shock are linear valved and little looser on the road but work better for higher speed off road. The Synergy shocks are made by Edelbrock to our length and valving specs, we have put a lot of work into the valving of those shocks and I think they work very well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts