JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody mounted their CO2/Powertank inside (rear truck area)? If so, please explian and post pics. I have mounted this on my cage in my prior Jeep, it worked well, But I wanted to find a way to mount it in the trucnk area of my 4dr. I have a Poly Performance rack/basket, mounted so i do not want to mount it on the cage, in turn take away from the storage this offers. Any suggestions or input is much appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Tank mounting

I purchased the Source complete system. I was thinking of using self-tapping screws to mount mine. I will look into this and get back with you. g

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
what about bolting it up under the basket?

is there enough room on the 4 dr to mount it length wise (front to rear), rather then across the cargo area?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scott;

I thought about this, the basket is plenty stable. This was my first thought (length wise with the jeep to one side, but this can become awkward to put the bottle in when full. If it was mounted and could stay there during operation that would be great (but the power tank needs to be upright for the most part to operate. I was thinking abou thte braket Powertank sells and just mounting it to the floorboard in the rear, but i wanted to get other ideas and input. It sucks when you do somehting, then see it another way and realized that your a complete idiot--I have done that one too many times!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks great. I have the 10lb set up, and the necessary crakets etc to do the same. My issue is that I have a Basket (poly performance) that occupies that area along with clamps so I was looking for someting mounted in the cargo area. I am surprised and impressed that you were able to get that size of a tank in there, looks great.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alec, interesting, that may just be the ticket! Parhaps a set of crush sleaves etc to support the wieght etc, or are you thinking something else?

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
I've seen guys bolt it to the inside of the rear wheel well. Sorry no pic.

A

·
0 Posts
I’d make a mounting plate from some 16th “ and put it on the inside of the door skin to give it a little more support and use the biggest washers I could find on both sides. Something like that should support it I would think. You may even be able to have it rest on the carpet for some support.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts