JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Im looking to install an Alpine PWE-S8 Powered 8-Inch Subwoofer in my 2017 JKU Sport. I have the Boss Audio KIT2 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit

Im not very savvy with this stuff but I think I understand how to get power to the sub. I just need to know how to wire the sub to the stock radio unit and how/where to ground.

The sub will be going under the passenger seat. I heard someone say that i should run the power cable on the opposite side of the vehicle from the other wires?

thanks you for your help!
I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
subscribed, sorry I don't have any answers for you, but thinking about doing the same just not sure if this would go under the passenger seat, would love to see some photos of how you end up mounting this

·
Registered
915 Posts
You'll tap into one of the factory speaker + and - wires for high-level input into the subwoofers amplifier, then set your low level cross over to filter out any frequencies above ~80Hz.

Ground can run back to battery, or the nearest bolt/screw that connects to the vehicle body/chassis on bare clean metal.
Power should be ran seperate from signal wires yes, but I wouldn't focus on being absolutely opposite side of the Jeep.

The factory systems have an unfortunate roll-off rate for the output of the head unit. At a certain point, the louder you crank it, the less it increases output. It sucks and makes the factory system weak. I have a feeling you'll experience the same issue as that will be the signal to the aftermarket sub/amp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts