JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of replacing the heater core and when I started I forgot to put up the windows. Can I apply 12 volts to two of the wires on the door harness side plug to get them back up? Any idea which wires it would be. I have no wiring diagram and been looking for two days now. It's a 2010 Sport.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I have not done this, so proceed at your own risk.

If it's just the two front windows, pins 4 and 5 in each door connector are for the window motors, polarity dependent on desired direction of travel.

Normally the windows are protected by circuit breaker C1 in the TIPM. Going directly to the plugs as you describe, C1 is out of the circuit. The motors will be protected internally, but if you blow that, I don't know if it will reset, or if you will need a new motor.

So, be careful not to let the motor strain against the down stop if you connect it for going down, and don't let it strain against the up stop when you get it connected for going up.

Also, there is a MUX pin in the connector. Stay away from that pin with the 12 volts. To the best of my knowledge, it's pin 3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts