JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, it rained all day here. This is the first time, since owning the new Jeep, that it has rained like this. I went out after work, and was going to roll the windows down, since the rain had stopped and it was around 70* outside. I press down on the power window switch for the front windows, and nothing happens. I could hear the clicking of solenoids inside the door when I pressed up, but nothing when pressing down. I try the rear windows, and they operate normal. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this kind of problem on these JKs?

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Never heard of this. If you can the motor click then it doesn't sound electrical. Open the door and place a hand either side of the glass and try and push it down while someone operates the button. It could just be stuck. Otherwise the motor and/or winder parts may be damaged. If the motor continually clicks rapidly while trying to operate the window then it may well be the latter.

·
Registered
658 Posts
If it's both front windows, they're not likely stuck. It's probably a wiring issue. That's why these are under warranty. Take it in (or call) the dealership and see what they say.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
check your fuses.....not sure which one runs the windows, but it will be listed in the owner manual....however, if you say there is still a clicking sound when you push the button, it's probably not a fuse....but it's possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.