JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, when I unlocked the Jeep, the horn honked. That was already disabled. While I was driving, the power windows would not work. Got home, turned it off and back on, windows work fine and no honking on unlock. Did Chrysler buy the Gremlin along with Jeep?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Last night, when I unlocked the Jeep, the horn honked. That was already disabled. While I was driving, the power windows would not work. Got home, turned it off and back on, windows work fine and no honking on unlock. Did Chrysler buy the Gremlin along with Jeep?
The horn honking once when unlocking, if you have horn with unlock off, can mean that the security system was tripped while you were parked. It happens for me if people bump the jeep hard or try to open the doors with them locked.

Sounds like you had a different problem, though.

!c

·
Registered
3 Posts
Both things you described has happened to me as well.

That's interesting about the possibility of the alarm being tripped :mr-t:, then beeping when you press the unlock button on the key fob.

One day I started the Jeep up and tried to roll down the windows and they wouldn't. I just turned it off and then back on, like you did, and they worked fine.

An additional thing that happened to me once that I would loop into this category. When I roll down the windows I press the front two switches at the same time and let them both roll down automatically. One time when I did this the radio/cd player cut off and came back on and had to read the cd again before it started playing again.

These were all just slightly annoying but have only happened once or so, so I never felt like it need to back to the dealership. Plus I knew it would never do it for them!!!:shaking:

I am very interested in what others have to say about this.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
sometimes my jeep also honks when its no supposed to and sometimes after i unlock it the red light on the dash is on steady and sometimes the windows dont work the first time i hit the switch and sometimes the radio turns on but theres no sound ( i think thats because of the radio adapter) but all these thing are so spordatic when it happens i cound never take it to the dealer. i just get worried about after my warranty runs out (10k miles or 1 year left) and it rally starts having problems electrically what im goin to do.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Gremlins are provided free of charge with the JK. One time with my doors off, the radio would not cut off after 30 seconds like it's supposed to. I didn't have time to mess with it on the spot so I just turned the radio off and the clock displayed. 2 hours later it was still on. I drove home and still the same thing. I had to disco the battery to get it to reset. No problems since.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Gotta' love it...new generation Jeep...new generation owners demanding creature comforts found typically in sedan de villes...you get what you expect...now live with it...for me...I like the KISS principle:laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts