JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I broke my steering pump again and was seeing if there were any upgraded options besides PSC, AGR or custom. From what I've read the PSC isn't compatible without their box and acdelco fluid, and AGR has a bad reputation. I have the HOWE inline ps cooler which is nice so I'm gonna call them tomorrow and ask if they still make one for the 3.8. Any other options though? I can't afford nor do I need hydro assist at the moment. In another thread someone says you can fit any T/C pump. Is that true?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
965 Posts
I'd just go with the PSC TC pump. It works well for me, not sure why you'd have to use their box. Just get an appropriate adapter fitting and you can use whatever box you want it's just a hydraulic pump.

I don't think you actually have to run the fancy fluid PSC says you have to run (which changes from time to time, I've always theorized it's whoever is paying them the most to say it). I run the cheap stuff from the auto parts store in my PSC pump and it has been no problem.

+1 for AGR bad reputation, I had a very bad experience with that company.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
I dont know why a pump wouldnt work without a box. The pumps have a fitting that can be swapped out. The smaller the opening in this fitting, the twitchier it gets at speed but better at slow speed turning.

As for fluid, Howe swears by Swepco and wont touch anything else. I thought PSC started following suite as well on recommending Swepco

1 - 3 of 3 Posts