JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know which is better, the jet performance chip, or the hypertech power programmer?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
jet chip=useless
I have one and wouldn't notice if it was gone
i can say the same thing about the my hypertech programmer. the only difference i have noticed since using it is that my speedometer is correct now....and my gas mileage is a little worse.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
i can say the same thing about the my hypertech programmer. the only difference i have noticed since using it is that my speedometer is correct now....and my gas mileage is a little worse.
We should do an experiment and trade for a month and see if we can tell a difference between the two :smokin:

I guess we all just need to accept that the 3.8 is just an underpowered minivan motor and nothing short of a supercharger makes a real difference.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ain't that the truth

I'm just looking forward to an engine swap kit. Keeping to true the true jeep aftermarket it can't be too far along now!

·
Registered
6,381 Posts

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I like my Hypertech, both regular and premium gas programs work well for me. I've tried removing the programming to see if it was all in my mind, but reinstalled it again quickly.

·
Registered
520 Posts
sweet - another $150 towards my swap fund.

i don't need a full programmer for better performance - I just need a hemi swap.

total so far

$1300 - staying with 4.10 gears.
$150 - only getting the speedo programmer instead of the full programmer

only $8500 more to go!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the hypertech power prorammer, tested it first from a friend for few days then ordered mine. In addition to odo correction, I can feel slightly better response, no its not in my mind only, reember it was tested then removed till mine arrived .:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have done alot of tuning, used to contract for GMPP. The hypertech and similar products just are not a great solution for changing engine paramaters. They will only experience minor gains. However ECm remapping usually results in the best gains and economy improvement. A "good" tuner can run the AF on the lean side at low MAP, and get 2-4 mpg gains along with even adding tables for multi octane maps. Brian at PCM for less may be able to help but I am not familiar with any mopar software nor with any tuners that have experience with the new 3.8L. I am sure it would be a great avenue for a vendor to develop some new business.

Brock

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've heard of PCM for less. But at the time I checked them out, they didn't offer anything for the jk. But that was a while ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts