JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts/opinions/suggestions/advice?

I'm looking for something that I can use in the XK on our AZ trip next month and something that I could hardwire to my JK when we get back.

It'd be used for a rice cooker (300w) and other small stuff, but nothing huge. The ARB fridge is designed to run off 12v so that's not a worry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm interested in this as well.

I was hoping to find someone who had installed the Mopar power inverter (the one that puts an outlet on the center console.

·
Registered
23 Posts
a 1000Watt power inverter from TrippLite is a decent model. I have it installed on my jeep and it's been about 4 years now and running great. Sometimes I wished I had gotten a lorger one to use with a drill. But I use it with my cooler, GPS, phone, Ipad, Kids DS, and portable DVD player and a few other items. It has four outlets and I made a short extension cord with a 3 way. Some of the power adapters cover some of the outlets on the unit so the three-way comes in handy. You just need some thick power cables - Audio store. I mounted my tripplite under my drivers seat.
Jeff

·
Registered
820 Posts
I installed a 3000 watt in my JK and has 4 outlets spread throughout the jeep. One of which is located outside the vehicle opposite where you fill up the gas tank. 2 outlets in the back seat area and one up front.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Inverter

I use a 100 watt inverter with a squid power strip to power a laptop and to charge a jumper battery. When we are camping I run a microwave over powered by a 2000 watt inverter which is hooked to the battery for cooking. Nice setup and works very well

·
Registered
331 Posts
I installed a 1000w under the passenger seat. Two outlets. Hooked directly to battery. Had to buy some 10ft cables but thats about the worst of the install. Ive used it to run a fridge, compressor, waffle maker, and disco ball. Not all at once.

·
Registered
183 Posts
you know that is a good idea never thought of that. i installed solar and a dc to ac inverter on my toy hauler but now gonna need to do the inverter on jeep. Never thought of those uses for it like to run a drill or whatever.

·
Registered
23 Posts
you know that is a good idea never thought of that. i installed solar and a dc to ac inverter on my toy hauler but now gonna need to do the inverter on jeep. Never thought of those uses for it like to run a drill or whatever.
The one thing to be careful of, is if you offroad with the doors off and deep water.... and it's located under the drivers or passengers seat...good things will NOT happen.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Forgot to add...looks like a really clean install thanks for the pictures! Assuming you have a tuffy security deck next to the inverter right?

·
Registered
459 Posts
OK, so if I was going to install an inverter, what kind of minimum wattage do you need for something like a drill, or a grinder? I'm kind of an electrical retard, so sorry if thats a dumb question.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts