JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone! I just picked up a 08 Wrangler unlimited Sahara on Saturday. the only issue is with the power locks not working. Using the key fob and the buttons on the doors nothing happens along with the automatic lock when you get up to speed. Any ideas what I can check first? If it gets too complicated i will take it to the nearest shop and have them look at it but was hoping there might be a simple/inexpensive solution. The remote start did work 3 out of 4 times.The power windows work just fine.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Does it blow immediately or when you try the door locks? I would unplug all the doors, replace the fuse and try again. It could be damaged wiring or solenoid in one of the doors. You can plug them back in one at a time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does it blow immediately or when you try the door locks? I would unplug all the doors, replace the fuse and try again. It could be damaged wiring or solenoid in one of the doors. You can plug them back in one at a time.
Immediatly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did unplug the doors to try that and it still fried the fuse so it a short some where before the door. I have been thinking could I cut the door wires under the dash and tap them into another power source that is always on?

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
I guess you could go that route, but I would keep it as a last resort. I wish I could help more but I'm at a loss. Not sure what all is fed from that fuse.

Although you posted this in the correct location, this section doesn't seem to get as much traffic as general and modified tech. I would post a link to this thread in general discussion. Hell I'll do it for you. ;-) and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess you could go that route, but I would keep it as a last resort. I wish I could help more but I'm at a loss. Not sure what all is fed from that fuse.

Although you posted this in the correct location, this section doesn't seem to get as much traffic as general and modified tech. I would post a link to this thread in general discussion. Hell I'll do it for you. ;-) and welcome aboard.
Thank you for your response and help!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts