JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've installed a Pioneer AVIC-8000 and am looking into reverse cameras. I can buy the pioneer model for about $100 but there are a lot of cheaper ones available online, so, what have you installed, what are your thoughts and post a pic of its install. I'm looking for the cleanest, flush mount option, but can be swayed based on feedback.

Does your camera display parking guidelines? Is it reversed so the image shows whats behind the driver rather than flip-flopped reality in terms of the image?

Have you used cameras anywhere else? The AVIC-8000 has an extra video input. Curious if others have any other cameras.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Curious about this also...was thinking about using a dual input monitor, one camera wired to my reverse lights and the other, on constant feed, in the front under the bumper as a rock cam. The reverse cam would interrupt feed when shifted into reverse.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't get any feedback so I ordered a couple different cameras that I will test out this weekend and post their info. I have the Pioneer AVIC-8000 headset that has a rear view camera input plus an additional camera input that I plan to use for a rock cam too. I'll post soon.

Curious about this also...was thinking about using a dual input monitor, one camera wired to my reverse lights and the other, on constant feed, in the front under the bumper as a rock cam. The reverse cam would interrupt feed when shifted into reverse.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I ordered a cheap camera on amazon and bolted it on the rear bumper. I got the cheap one because if it gets damaged, it is cheap to replace. The parking grid-lines are a function of my receiver and not the camera. It has been on there two years. Wheeled in TX, NM, Moab UT, WA and Korea with no issues.

This looks like the one I have http://www.amazon.com/High-definition-Rear-view-Parallel-Universal-Waterproof/dp/B009NVXGAI/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1421323410&sr=1-10&keywords=backup+camera

Here is a pic of it mounted on the stock bumper.

Photo of the display

·
Registered
107 Posts
Timely post. I have a friend who recently did it with a separate 3.5" monitor mounted on the dash. I like it but I think I'm going to go the indash reciever/monitor route as well.

I'm interested in your test results.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to those that replied. I only received one of the two cameras I ordered, so I didn't do the tests this weekend. I did get my camera cable ran from the deck to the back so as soon as the other camera arrives, I should be able to post a quick review of the two pretty quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts