JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeeeezzzzzz---best mod I have done so far and I have done a lot (pretty much replaced audio system last week as well took 10 hours at the installer lol always do this to my vehicles) to it. Like a great tune MUCH more responsive all all rpm's ESP off of idle! Could not give .02 for what it does over 4k because I don't use that very often...

With the CAI, Exhaust, this is the final touch but now am tempted to do the intake as well. Modern Muscle Performance is to be commended on this one--took less than 20 minutes including putting up the T wrenches when I was done!

· Registered
1,272 Posts
Diablo has a tuner.
RPM Extreme sells a custom computer you swap out (ran this for some time and was very happy with it).

I am guessing you dislike the diablo. Right after I post this I am going to put up my experience with it this past weekend (not good).

· Registered
1,272 Posts
I ran their ECU up until I got the tuner. I saw improved gas mileage and power. While I do not have a dyno report, it was noticable. My in town mileage went down. My highway mileage went up. Power band started lower in the rpm range (1500 or so).

· Registered
272 Posts
Jeeeezzzzzz---best mod I have done so far and I have done a lot (pretty much replaced audio system last week as well took 10 hours at the installer lol always do this to my vehicles) to it. Like a great tune MUCH more responsive all all rpm's ESP off of idle! Could not give .02 for what it does over 4k because I don't use that very often...

With the CAI, Exhaust, this is the final touch but now am tempted to do the intake as well. Modern Muscle Performance is to be commended on this one--took less than 20 minutes including putting up the T wrenches when I was done!
Where did you have the tb ported?

· Registered
13,219 Posts
Nice commercial for the vendor, any dyno numbers or other data?

So what does it do over 4k? So you don't care, but for those that do, what was changed?

What were the before and after bores?

Kinda seems like the guy that was on here a couple months ago with the same link and talking about the same modification..also from Texas

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89174

· Registered
2,804 Posts
How does it compare to the Viper TB?

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice commercial for the vendor, any dyno numbers or other data?

So what does it do over 4k? So you don't care, but for those that do, what was changed?

What were the before and after bores?

Kinda seems like the guy that was on here a couple months ago with the same link and talking about the same modification..also from Texas

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89174

Yes that thread came up my search for people that did this. There are others that can do this but he had the part in stock. Could have done this myself my best friend is a Smith and has a 3 axis Sharp. Too much trouble and for the money it was a cheap mod.

High HP engines are fun for me--this Jeep is not one of those and never will be. Boss Hoss has a 540 Shafiroff built for the bike so HP and TQ are a relative term for me. I bought the TB for the improved throttle response and added power from idle to 2500. It peforms that mission very well.

The ID bore is now 80mm.

· Registered
1 Posts
Newbie from Down-Under

Hi All..new guy in here from the land down-under...I came across this thread as I was searching for a replacement throttle body for my 2009 JK unlimited...
Would the Modern Muscle TB be OK for my jeep??:th_pray:
Thank you in advance and best to all
gb

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.