JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was a kid, my parents had a old Starcraft pop up camper. May have been called the Swinger series, but I don't really remember. I'd say it was a late 70's or early 80's model. Anyways, I remember it had a swing out kitchen that swung outside, underneath the awning. I always thought this was a really cool feature and we used it evertime we went camping. I have yet to see anyone that has this feature anymore. Does anyone know of a company that has this?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
We had a similar one that was branded by Montgomery Wards. It had a pullout slide that was as wide as the trailer that had a sink, ice chest, and stove. It was a great setup and I can't figure out why no one does it anymore. The closest I have found is a stove that attaches to the side of the trailer.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i can't remember us ever using the stove inside, not once. even had a small sink in it. Used to free up a lot of room inside. gave us enough room for a portable toilet. we were living large back in them days:D

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I was considering buying a pop-up recently and it seems like I came across one that had a swing out stove and sink, but I can't remember what brand it was. Seems like I looked at about 1000 different ones online and at dealers. We decided to go with a Rockwood Roo when the time is right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts