JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!!! I've got the stock radio in my 2010 Unlimited, and I daresay, the reception is pitiful. My ranch Dodge 3500's have better receptive radius. I lose local stations at around 30 miles from home. Is it the stubby antenna on the JK? The radio itself? Any cures for this outside of changing the entire system (which I don't want to do)?

:beer:Shiner Beer!!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Shall do loki!!! I do plan on installing a CB in the very near future. What's that adapter you're refering to? Does it attach direcly to to the antenna? Gig 'em Aggies!!! Doc!!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sounds like you have a connection problem, cause I cut my stock antennae down to about 9" and still pick up stations 50 to 60 miles away. You mentioned you had a stubby antennae. Where did it come from? Might contact them...

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like you have a connection problem, cause I cut my stock antennae down to about 9" and still pick up stations 50 to 60 miles away. You mentioned you had a stubby antennae. Where did it come from? Might contact them...
Howdy LSU!!! Well, it's a stock antenna, but to me it's stubby. I'm taking the JK to the dealer for a check-up this week; shall adress the issue with them.

BTW, how'd you cut the antenna down? From the top? Bottom?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I have an actual stubby antennae and the reception is pathetic...but I figured it would be...:shaking:

·
Registered
7,281 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Howdy LSU!!! Well, it's a stock antenna, but to me it's stubby. I'm taking the JK to the dealer for a check-up this week; shall adress the issue with them.

BTW, how'd you cut the antenna down? From the top? Bottom?
Just unscrewed it and used a chop saw to cut it (off the top, so it could still be screwed back in)... ;)

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have had my radio replaced and software flashed. The flash update has made a improvement. Both under warrantee.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts