JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone asked for pictures of the pond. Keep in mind we are still working on cutting back the landscaping and such. I know the yard is cluttered because I don't even have a shed for the mower and such yet. We also are under drought conditions and while my pond is holding up better than some the big lakes are down 5 feet or more.

View from the office (in the house) window. I see this everyday when I turn my head right while working at the computer.

View sitting on the bench you can see just to the right of center in the above pic.

View to the left of the bench.

View to the right of the bench You can barely see the pond through the overgrowth

Now you see why I did not post yet and it is still a work in progress but I will guarentee it looks better in person and since it has fish in it that can be caught it is a whole lot better sitting here in real life.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I wish I could have a pond too (or at least live next to a lake)! But I live in CA, where there is no land left :shaking:, unless of course you're loaded and can afford it...You have a wonderful yard Onlyinmyjeep!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks folks. It is a work in progress as is the rest of the yard. I have found out that the pond was dug to provide fill for the property. They also left full trees burried under the fill in places. The ground is also very hard. None of this is surmountable as my chickens like to scratch up the ground and I will move them around ever so often. I will also be getting a tiller and a couple loads of topsoil and sand to loosen things up in the main yard and get a better lawn going. I also want/need trees as you can see the back yard is bare except for the pond (on the house side) and the front is worse as there is no pond. But it is paid for and mine so without payments all I need to do it all is time and energy. If we do a little each day eventually it will be looking like my old yard full of green and color.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Looks like you need one of those DR power mower/chipper/shreader/lawn & leaf bagger/pond cleaner-upper. :laughing:

Nice looking pond and green stuff on the ground!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like you need one of those DR power mower/chipper/shreader/lawn & leaf bagger/pond cleaner-upper. :laughing:

Nice looking pond and green stuff on the ground!
Yep I could use one but I could also use the money one of those costs to do a whole lot more. I was actually thinking seeing if the local rental place had one but then I also know a guy that has a kubota with bushhog when I am ready to do the back. BTW he is family and will haul it here and do the work for the price of a phone call. Once it is cut down/back my rider and push mower should be able to keep it that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts