JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What coils should I run to fit 37"s? I currently have 4" coils and was thinking about going down to 3" coils and flat fenders. Comments, advice, what do you think?:beer:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
specifics: 2dr sahara, currently on 35"s with a 4" superlift/currie set-up. i am looking to go up to a 37" tire. i would like to go with a lower center of gravity, therefore the idea of running 2" or 3" coils and xenon or similar flairs. I am not opposed to major trimming or replacing of the fenders. i am trying to go with a different approach than most people. any help with ideas would be appreciated. I would like to use PolyPerformance parts to acomplish as much of this as possible, i feel that you guys have the right stuff to make this happen. Thanks:beer:

·
Registered
108 Posts
specifics: 2dr sahara, currently on 35"s with a 4" superlift/currie set-up. i am looking to go up to a 37" tire. i would like to go with a lower center of gravity, therefore the idea of running 2" or 3" coils and xenon or similar flairs. I am not opposed to major trimming or replacing of the fenders. i am trying to go with a different approach than most people. any help with ideas would be appreciated. I would like to use PolyPerformance parts to acomplish as much of this as possible, i feel that you guys have the right stuff to make this happen. Thanks:beer:

Somebody told me that this is what AEV does when they convert a JK. You may want to ring them or find someone with a complete AEV conversion.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Somebody told me that this is what AEV does when they convert a JK. You may want to ring them or find someone with a complete AEV conversion.
good idea, thanks!:beer:

i will look to them for more ideas also, although 90% of what they do is out of my price range, and I like to do my own work as much as possible

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have friends running 37X13.50's on 4 doors. On the short list you need a stubby bumper in the front or mid width to keep the tire clear of rubbing the bumper at full turn and articulated (as an example the Warn bumper will rub on a 37" tire at full turn full stuff. You will also get some rubbing at the rear if you have 4.5 or more of backspacing with the 13.50's. I think the Xenon flares help, but I still get a little rub at the rear on my 35's when I really stuff it. Not sure where yet, maybe the factory liners? Hope this helps.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have friends running 37X13.50's on 4 doors. On the short list you need a stubby bumper in the front or mid width to keep the tire clear of rubbing the bumper at full turn and articulated (as an example the Warn bumper will rub on a 37" tire at full turn full stuff. You will also get some rubbing at the rear if you have 4.5 or more of backspacing with the 13.50's. I think the Xenon flares help, but I still get a little rub at the rear on my 35's when I really stuff it. Not sure where yet, maybe the factory liners? Hope this helps.
Just thought of this, you may want to raise your trackbar, this will increase your roll center.
Great advice! I am planning on going with front and rear trackbar brackets and the flip kit from Polyperformance, and as far as the stubby bumper goes(check), and I am going to be running a set of wheels with 3.75" of bs. they fit really well, just dont have em on yet.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Great advice! I am planning on going with front and rear trackbar brackets and the flip kit from Polyperformance, and as far as the stubby bumper goes(check), and I am going to be running a set of wheels with 3.75" of bs. they fit really well, just dont have em on yet.
Right on. Hopefully we can wheel on of these days. We may head to Cleghorn this weekend if I can clear it with the wife.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I have been thinking the same thing for awhile. 3" of lift, flat fenders, extend the brake lines, I already have a stubby front bumper, trim the rear pinch seam and maybe stubby the rear bumper. But for me, I need to add in a front D44 axle and re-gear so I may never make it to this plan

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mopar dana 44 with e-lockers are cheap! they are out there for $1400. check it out.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Mopar dana 44 with e-lockers are cheap! they are out there for $1400. check it out.
O i know but take the cost of the lift, fenders, wheels (have stock ones now), tires, front axle, drive shafts (atleast front), and gears and man it adds up quick.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would run the 37's with 3" coils. Get 1"-2" longer shocks, 1"-2" more bumpstop (If you have the pad then get the insert and visversa) Xenon Narrow flares with no liners in the rear and trim the fender well to the flare and fold the pinch seem.

Make sure to get brakelines for the extra 2" of droop and this would be a sick setup. Low COG with lots of droop. The bumpstops will prevent alot of rubbing.

The best way to get max suspension travel is setup the bumpstops so the tires barely rub a complete flex. Measure the compressed length. Get the shock with .5" less compressed length and the most extended. This will give you maximum travel with low COG. You can use whatever springs you want. 2",3",4",6" but the travel is going to be the same

Does this make sense or am I just blowing smoke

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
On the short list you need a stubby bumper in the front or mid width to keep the tire clear of rubbing the bumper at full turn and articulated (as an example the Warn bumper will rub on a 37" tire at full turn full stuff.
You may still get some rubbing with a stubby bumper, I had to trim my PJ front bumper to prevent rubbing.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would run the 37's with 3" coils. Get 1"-2" longer shocks, 1"-2" more bumpstop (If you have the pad then get the insert and visversa) Xenon Narrow flares with no liners in the rear and trim the fender well to the flare and fold the pinch seem.

Make sure to get brakelines for the extra 2" of droop and this would be a sick setup. Low COG with lots of droop. The bumpstops will prevent alot of rubbing.

The best way to get max suspension travel is setup the bumpstops so the tires barely rub a complete flex. Measure the compressed length. Get the shock with .5" less compressed length and the most extended. This will give you maximum travel with low COG. You can use whatever springs you want. 2",3",4",6" but the travel is going to be the same

Does this make sense or am I just blowing smoke
That is exactly what I am looking for, thanks!:beer:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
You can run 37's with the 3" spring if you trim the fenders out. Make sure you are running 4" bump stop extensions when using no fender mods and 3" if you trim them out.

Spring Part #ers: PPM-8063-20 (Front) & PPM-8064-30 (Rear)

·
Registered
314 Posts
I more thing, you may need to run spring retainers however I think the Poly Springs are extra long because they are progressive so they shouldn't fall out. This is just so when it droops the spring doesn't unseat. I needed them with stock springs, 1.75 spacers and 3" lift shocks. I just put the 2" lift shocks back on instead of retainers. Lost about 2" of travel. No Big Deal :smokin:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I more thing, you may need to run spring retainers however I think the Poly Springs are extra long because they are progressive so they shouldn't fall out. This is just so when it droops the spring doesn't unseat. I needed them with stock springs, 1.75 spacers and 3" lift shocks. I just put the 2" lift shocks back on instead of retainers. Lost about 2" of travel. No Big Deal :smokin:
If you run our springs with our shocks or the FOX shock you will have no issues with the springs coming out of the spring buckets.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts