JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. I was told about the Poly Performance lift kit earlier today and I decided to check it out. It looks like a solid kit. I already ordered the FT 4" Ultimate but the shocks are out of stock so im on about a "2 week" wait. Has anyone had any experience with the Poly Performance Synergy kits? Id like to get opinions on the Poly vs the FT. Id like some pics of the Poly with 35s! Also opinions on 16" vs 17" wheels. Thanks!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have the 3" Poly Performance Synergy Lift. It is Awesome. The handling is greatly improved with the draglink flip kit. Here is a quick photograph. 3" kit with 315/75/16 Goodyear MTR's (35").

·
Registered
140 Posts
When I did my research, I liked the FT kit but then I was told about there customer service being less than desireable. I know the Pure Jeep side of the business, I ordered a rear bumper from them and after waiting a year it never came... I went with Teraflex suspension but I didn't know about Poly and have heard nothing but good about them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Do you have a 2 dr or 4 dr?
I have a 4 door. I got my 35s in today and cant even put them on yet. FT shocks are on backorder. I was told after I ordered the FT about Poly so I wanted to do some research about them while I can still cancel my FT order.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I haven't ordered any parts from them yet, but I will be. I can tell you the have excellent customer service. They answered all my questions and never hesitated or delayed on calling back if I left a message. Join the club on waiting for parts from FT. It darn well better be worth the wait and lost opportunities(sp).

·
Registered
592 Posts
I have a 4 door. I got my 35s in today and cant even put them on yet. FT shocks are on backorder. I was told after I ordered the FT about Poly so I wanted to do some research about them while I can still cancel my FT order.
We have a 3" or 4.5" lift for the 4 dr. The 3" fits 35's and the 4.5" will fit 37's. A Synergy stage II is what I would recommend. I would also recommend our synergy shocks. IMO you get what you pay for, here are the main differences in our suspension kit:

-Track bar relocation brackets that raises the track bar mount on the axle to raise the roll center, this really helps the handling and control, it also includes a front drag link to flip it to the top of the knuckle to match the track bar angle.
-The front track bar bracket also allows you to relocate the steering stabilizer to the top of the tie rod.
-All of our control arms, track bars and drag link are adjustable without removing from the bracket, there is a left/right threaded adjuster sleeve with a pinch bolt on all the adjustable ends.
-Rear shock relocation brackets to raise the rear lower shock mount up and more out of the way.

Check out the new Issue of 4wd & sport utility, the editor installed one of our kits on a 2 dr JK and does a write up on it, he really likes our kit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah hopeing for most of it first part of this week. And it better be perfect or it's going back, at this point I don't care if it costs me more money for the hassle.
Rick

·
Registered
279 Posts
I just put there springs 4 door 4.5" springs, their drag link flip, front track bar reloctation bracket and shock relocation bracket. and have to say it performed flawlessly this weekend. I would have ordere the completed kit, but already had adjustable control arms. I had a 4" superlift prior to this and I really like the feel of these springs off road.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have the Poly Stage III set up on my 4 door and love it. The ride quality is great, and if you know anything about POLY you know the quality is top notch. I have expierence with both companies and ran both lifts on my previous/current JEEP. I would highly recomned the Poly Performance kit. As you have found out, the FT customer service is in the tank. Not to mention, nothing is ever in stock etc, only promised. To each his own, but if you want a high quality set up, with outstanding Customer service and backing, go with POLY. Just look at the board. Poly chimed in for you, did the other?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've got Poly's Synergy III lift with Fox Racing shocks and running 37" Toyos on an '08 Rubicon Unlimited. We just got back last week from Moab - over 1,700 miles round trip, four days on the rocks and one all-nighter bringing out a friend's TJ, who rolled on White Knuckle Hill.

I'm used to a nice riding Jeep, having come from a ZJ with a 7" long arm lift, so this trip was going to be the test. The handling with this lift is awesome and I couldn't be happier with ride. On the rocks, this thing was amazing ... great articulation and a VERY cush ride offroad! I (almost) felt guilty at how smooth the ride was when we left the pavement. Poly's dual rate springs and adjustable Fox shocks are a great combination!

J&M Offroad, the shop that did the buildup for me, was very impressed with the quality and engineering of Poly's lift. They said it's the best lift they've ever installed. And a much easier install than the long arm lift I had them put on my ZJ's unibody!

Poly has been great to work with through all of the questions, research and ordering over the last few months. Their customer service has been great and they've always been easy to get a hold of. I don't think you can go wrong with anything Poly has to offer.

I've got picts if you want, but they are with 37's and the 4.5" lift. Good luck on the decision!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How would the 4.5" lift look with 35s or am I better off with the 3"? Also what about the Adj Track Bars? Thanks for the replys everyone I appreciate the help!

A

·
0 Posts
Ditto everyone else on the Poly lift. I have a stage III with fox shocks and it’s a perfect combo for the unlimited JKs on and off road. I just did Moab too, and went from crawling up big rocks to doing 80 MPH on I70 and it was great.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I've got Poly's Synergy III lift with Fox Racing shocks and running 37" Toyos on an '08 Rubicon Unlimited. We just got back last week from Moab - over 1,700 miles round trip, four days on the rocks and one all-nighter bringing out a friend's TJ, who rolled on White Knuckle Hill.

I'm used to a nice riding Jeep, having come from a ZJ with a 7" long arm lift, so this trip was going to be the test. The handling with this lift is awesome and I couldn't be happier with ride. On the rocks, this thing was amazing ... great articulation and a VERY cush ride offroad! I (almost) felt guilty at how smooth the ride was when we left the pavement. Poly's dual rate springs and adjustable Fox shocks are a great combination!

J&M Offroad, the shop that did the buildup for me, was very impressed with the quality and engineering of Poly's lift. They said it's the best lift they've ever installed. And a much easier install than the long arm lift I had them put on my ZJ's unibody!

Poly has been great to work with through all of the questions, research and ordering over the last few months. Their customer service has been great and they've always been easy to get a hold of. I don't think you can go wrong with anything Poly has to offer.

I've got picts if you want, but they are with 37's and the 4.5" lift. Good luck on the decision!
Thanks for the compliments, be careful with those Fox shocks, when you crank the compression all the up, you can go pretty fast over the whoops and jumps, it takes it easily but you can bent the front housing.

·
Registered
592 Posts
How would the 4.5" lift look with 35s or am I better off with the 3"? Also what about the Adj Track Bars? Thanks for the replys everyone I appreciate the help!
We have 35's on our with 3" springs right now, I will try to post up some pics.

You don't have to have adjustable track bars with our track bar relocation brackets, the relocation brackets align the axles with the lift.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Yeah hopeing for most of it first part of this week. And it better be perfect or it's going back, at this point I don't care if it costs me more money for the hassle.
Rick
Rick, whats the status with your project....? Did your kit ever show up...?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah it finally showed up. The jury is still out yet on the whole design. I'm a little bent on the whole thing so I'm just trying to get it all dialed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've got the Bilsteins on now. They ride well but there is very little down travel to work with, kind of defeats some of the advantages of the lift. Spent quite a bit of time getting it dialed in today and I do have to say I'm happy with the kit and the ride, all but the shock lengths, I believe they are working on getting that squared away. The dealer I'm working with has been very good though, I think it's all manufacturs issues. I'm haveing a hard time getting rid of a front driveshaft vibration and I'm at 3.5 degrees caster and still get a vibe between 45-50 mph. I think I can get it dialed in though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts