JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After long debate, I sold the Harley to support my Jeep habit. I now have a box full of Poly Stage II parts at home ready to be installed (+ more cool stuff planned).

I'm working too much over the next two weeks to start the install, so I'm reading whatever I can get my hands on and planning. I've read the reviews and install pdfs on the poly site.

I'm installing this myself. So, for those of you who have installed a Poly Stage II before, what advice do you have for me? Anything you wish you thought of before? I'm reasonably mechanical, and installed a BB but even that was a learning experience.

Thanks, and I'll post pics as I go along.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Take your time and follow instructions step by step. Lay things out before you begin to stay organized. Once done recheck everything you touched. After the first 500 miles retorque everything you touched again. Things are going to come up (ever jeep is different) just think it through and if you get stuck ask somebody. You should do fine. :beer::beer:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Are you going to run stock wheels or aftermarket wheels? if not you will either need:

1. wheel spacers for your stock wheels and tires
or
2. The Poly Performance relocating brackets to lower the rear sway bar so it clears the rear wheels.

Need a grinder...to cut off the old rear shock mounts. And to trim the rear trackbar bracket at the axle....

I have this same kit on my 4 door Rubi with 35's (I didn't realize I needed wheel spacers at the time so I ordered wheels and tires too)

·
Registered
592 Posts
You will need a 1/2 drill bit to clean out the holes for the sway bar link rod ends.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts