JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently upgraded to Poly Performance's chromoly tie rod. I am very impressed with the quality of it. As expected the installation is easily accomplished. :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
I recently upgraded to Poly Performance's chromoly tie rod. I am very impressed with the quality of it. As expected the installation is easily accomplished. :)
Looks good - how much? How many have experienced bent stock tie rods so far (trying to weigh the necessity of this mod)? How does it drive - do you notice any difference?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good - how much? How many have experienced bent stock tie rods so far (trying to weigh the necessity of this mod)? How does it drive - do you notice any difference?
The tie rod is $325.00 plus shipping. I do not notice any change in the way my JK handles.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
How many have experienced bent stock tie rods so far (trying to weigh the necessity of this mod)?
Haven't bent my tie rod yet, but can see how easy it would be to do. I did used to tweak my stock drag link (enough to throw the steering wheel off) every time I went off-road, but since to changing to the Poly high steer drag link and track bar bracket, I have not had a problem. Poly definitely make high quality gear.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I second the quality of the Poly stuff. Top Shelf. Looks good, I have the same set up on mine.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I second the quality of the Poly stuff. Top Shelf. Looks good, I have the same set up on mine.
Make that a third here. Although my installation fairy has been busy with corporate and personal taxes so mine are sitting in the boxes still. However I will be sure to give them a test out in May in Moab. And if the install fairy hasn't done his job by then he's fired as the laundry list is getting pretty long for some nice wheeleing this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts