JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally had the Superlift rear track bar bracket which goes at the axle end, but moved it very quickly when I saw that people were having issues with axle track bar brackets creating too much leverage on the stock mount and breaking them off. I replaced it with a Teraflex frame mounted bracket, which is a substantial piece and not going to break, but it as it is on the frame end it doesn't improve the roll center.

So I installed a Poly Performance Rear Track bar Bracket which is on the axle end, and designed in such a way that it won't cause the stock bracket to break, and it improves the roll center.

Installation was easy and took less than 45 minutes, most of which was spent removing the Teraflex bracket. You need to cut the stock bracket in a couple of places, I used a sawzall and it was done in a couple of minutes. The trimming actually will reduce the stress on the stock bracket as there is less potential for leverage now, and the two U-bolts that wrap around the axle further reinforce it.

A well thought piece that is definitely not likely to break.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Awesome!! ;)

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Looks good Phil. I have the Poly front and am currently running the Teraflex rear like you were. Be sure to let us know how it drives compared to before. :beer:

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be sure to let us know how it drives compared to before. :beer:
It actually does feel to handle better when cornering, but I just about always notice an improvement after doing anything, so can't say if it is wishful thinking and in my mind or actually happening. But I did try and get a feel for handling directly before installing it and then directly afterwards, and felt an improvement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts