1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'll let you know. I'll have mine on monday.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've been thinking about doing this as well. Will you have to go with shorter shocks to keep them from binding at full compression?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've been thinking about doing this as well. Will you have to go with shorter shocks to keep them from binding at full compression?
I backed mine up on an RTI ramp a few weeks ago and stuffed the rear tires as much as I could. The rear axle was on the bumpstops hard, and I still had 3" of shock shaft showing on mine, so I can keep my existing shocks. After I move them up with the Poly brackets, I'll still have more than a full inch left, and on my combo there's no way it's going to bottom out the shock. At the time I was thinking about cutting the stock brackets off and rewelding them up higher, which would give the same result. I have limited access to a welder right now, so these brackets will work great for me.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I still had 3" of shock shaft showing on mine, so I can keep my existing shocks. After I move them up with the Poly brackets, I'll still have more than a full inch left,
Same with me with 11" travel shocks I have plenty of room for compression. In fact since adding the Poly coil springs I actually need a little more extension and these will be ideal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts