JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was able to get my hands on one of the first ones out there. This thing is great and doubles the workable storage of the rear area of my JK. The quality and fit and finish is second to none as with all of Polys stuff. This thing does not rattle, squeak etc. i will get some photos up when I figure out the issue with my quota crap.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent, thanks for posting those. I figured out my issues but you got them up already. GET THIS THING, It is awesome and sturdy. I think this is the case will all POlY stuff, it just plain works as intended with nothing left out. It has a place for a high lift mount as well on the back.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
I sometimes wish I had gotten the 4 door. Especially with this option available. I have a XJ right now. I had gotten use to the little longer wheel base but I especially got use to having the cargo space. Would be nice to strap gear down up ther and in my XJ I love keeping my lift inside so it stays clean for when I need it.

I also imagine a rack would be nice for slipping a cooler in and out without having to move your gear.

While I usually like to keep heavy things lower just for COG resons, how much would you say this rack can hold? It looks full strength from the pics

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rack will hold a lot of weight, how much I dont know. I know both of my boys were sitting on the basket the other night and that is a little over 100 pounds and there was no issue. The design, with the dimple cuts allows for a lot of rigidity (sp) and the mounts are solid. I am guessing 150-200 lbs no problem, but you would have to ask Poly about that.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics Luke. I dont know the weight capacity of the basket, but I (#210) can stand in it no problem. You could easily put 300-400 lbs in it. It clams to the cage. We will also have mounts for a 2 dr with the back seat folded up or removed, also TJ apps in the future.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The more I use this thing the more I like it. For years I have complained about not enough room in my TJ and this thing has allowed me to bring double the amount of gear which is great!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
So when is it going to be available and how much :bounce:

peter
Baskets should be in the 300-400 range but don't have pricing set in stone yet.

We should have some rough ETA's shortly.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for the delay on getting back. I will try and get a few more pic, from the rear when I get a chance. I will open the rear up and fold up my window.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Any updates?

In looking at the pictures, is there any way to drop the basket down some more (less room below, more above)?

Still working on refining it and getting them made affordably. You could drop the basket down, that height gives you about the right amount of room for a typical ice chest. Also that position on the cage puts the clamp in the center of the basket.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have this basket and love it. I made my first camping trip with my boys and the things just simply gave me more useable room. I have not one complaint about the construction or fit and finish. It is like all things POLY, top shelf.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Can anyone shoot a side picture of the basket. I have the Tuffy Box installed with a few items mounted on top of it, just want to see what I'm looking at for clearance. Thanks.

Ron

·
Registered
592 Posts
Can anyone shoot a side picture of the basket. I have the Tuffy Box installed with a few items mounted on top of it, just want to see what I'm looking at for clearance. Thanks.

Ron

I dont have any side shots but I will try to get you a height measurement.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
looked on the web site, but i couldnt find it.

i'm guessing it's still in testing?
How easy is it to remove or fold/tuck away for a large obect?
Once we have pricing locked down we'll load it up on the site available for pre-order while the first production run is in process.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts