JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the parts I never replaced on the conversion over to the Poly Performance lift was the sway bar links, as the ones I had were the right length.

However, after bending a couple of the factory style links, I installed some Poly Performance Front Sway Bar Links. They are, as I've come to expect from Poly Performance, well engineered and well made, I especially like the Heim upper ends, and this will hopefully be the end of my days of bending sway bar links.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Just wanted to pass along some info about a potential problem some may encounter when installing new front sway bar links. There was a QC problem with Chrysler where the mounting holes in the factory sway bar ends were not always the same size. I just tried to install these same Poly Performance links (part PPM-8059) and the bolts on the heim joint would not fit through the sway bar holes.

I contacted PP about this and was told that the holes need to be reamed out to get the bolts to fit. I wasn't too thrilled with the idea of drilling through that thick steel, so I asked about installing the links upside down because they will fit that way without modification. They told me that it would be okay to mount them upside down.

Just a heads up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts