JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have these with a tube fender? Or anything other then the stock flare? i am trying to get an idea of how things would work or look without the factory flares.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess my concern is that by flat fendering for room you loose with the rocker guard. I guess I can cute them shorter and reweld the cap on the end of them. Is there any supporting or mounting bolts in front of the fender flare now?

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I guess my concern is that by flat fendering for room you loose with the rocker guard. I guess I can cute them shorter and reweld the cap on the end of them. Is there any supporting or mounting bolts in front of the fender flare now?
No Mounting points passed the flares, so you could trim them off if you wanted, but I don't see the need. There is sheet metal passed them that would rub first. I run 37's and have never even come close to touching the rockers guards.

I did have to trim the the sheet metal on front edge of the rear fender well, but as you can see the rockers are not going to be the first thing to make contact with a tire.

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting, in the pics on the polys site and your first pics they appear longer then they are. They almost look as though they are even with the end of the inner fender that needs trimmed.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I have narrow Xenons, hard to tell but they are LineX color matched. Shrockworks stubby's front and rear.

Thats a NICE lookin JK right there. I DIG the paint dude!

I just ordered up some Xenons today. My fenders are trashed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thats a NICE lookin JK right there. I DIG the paint dude!

I just ordered up some Xenons today. My fenders are trashed.
Thanks!
Its getting there. I have a set of rear half doors at a hotrod shop getting the handles shaved off and retaining channel put on for a full deck cover. Looking at a halfcab roll cage. If jeep wont build a JT im gonna have to do it myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts