JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anyone pulled the shagalishous carpet from the JK yet and put a poly coat down??? Thinking about adding this to my to do list...:smokin:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've pulled the carpet, I hate carpet. I'm waiting on tax time to have it line-x'd though. I'm trying to find a place that will do the underside as well, but they all keep trying to sell me Zeibart crap.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been looking at some of the stuff that you put on yourself. Looks like there is a few quality companys out there if your willing to put in the time. I may go that way. I'll have to track down what I was looking at but they have lots of colors and textures. When I find it I'll put the info up. Heck it was about 100 dollars for a gallon that covers a 6 foot truck bed. Not cheep but cheeper than having someone do it.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
In the XJ everybody uses the Herculiner http://www.herculiner.com/
It is realitivley cheap and very durable. Great DIY roll on stuff

I used a different brand, I forget what it was, it was off the shelf at a auto parts store. It was durable but in places that get rubbed a lot like on the floorboards under your feet it wore away. Also, some brands leave a chemical smell that you will smell whenever it is hot out.

I will be doing mine shortly with Herculiner. Only thing that could be any better is proffesional sprayed on liner...IMO

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I haven't had much luck with Herculiner in the past, but I know people who swear by it. I have had good results from Duplicolor Truck Bedliner. But whatever you choose, prep is the key.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Duplicolor is what I used last time. For the most part it worked good except it wore off under my gas foot and under a tool box I kept in the rear. Otherwise pretty goos, like phil said, it is all in the prep. Take an extra few minutes to do a good job instead of throwing in the towel and it will last much longer.

Just curious, What kind of problms did you have Phil?

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
What kind of problms did you have Phil?
I had it in a pickup bed and it kind of dissolved. At first it went gray, but I wasn't worried about that, but then it seemed to be getting thinner and thinner, until almost just the texture was left. Not sure what the problem was, maybe the South Texas sun. I redid it with Duplicolor, which I've also used on numerous other things, and never had a problem.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What about the noise value? Does the poly coat deaden the road noise as well as the carpet???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts