1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I have used mine many times with no issues so far

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Only had to use mine one time so far since I bought it two years ago. I had to tow a full size blazer out of an obstacle he was stuck in pretty bad.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have the XRC8-Comp. Tough winch; slow but reliable. And the synthetic line is nice and light.

I don't think you can get a good look at it, but it's a sexy little beast too.

·
Administrator
8,731 Posts
I have won 3 of these winches... I sold everyone of them.

One of the ones I sold, the guy who bought it said it was DOA. Had to send it in to get fixed.. what a pain in the ass that was.

In no specific order, the only winches that will do time on one of our rigs..

Warn
Mile Marker
Superwinch
Ramsey

And not their base models either. Winches are just one of those items I choose not to skimp on too much.

Glad to hear alot of you are having success with them... they may make my list someday. :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
I ran an XRC-8 on my TJ, and now I run an XRC-10 Comp on my JK.

Only issues I ever had with either of them has been user created

The XRC-8 had the selector lever knocked off (Okay, I tried to move it with a hammer).

The XRC-10 Comp, was simply a newb error... First time using it I found out that I didn't wrap the synthetic line tight enough... Ended up pulling it out of the anchor point...

But the 8 probably had more than 100 pulls on it, and the 10 has about 30 pulls so far.... no other issues...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Had a mile marker on my TJ and after having it replaced under warranty (not an easy task with MM) 3 times I bough a Warn 9.5ti and never looked back, no with my JK because of financial reason I bough a XRC10 with a winch line and in 4 months I already had to change it once. Do I regret buying a cheap winch ? Hell Yeah!!! Can't wait to get another Warn 9.5ti.
Don't forget you get what you pay for and is not how good the service is to get the winch repaired or replaced is when do you think that winch is going to fail? Just Saying hahaha.

Good Luck!!

Gus

·
Registered
424 Posts
I run a 10 with synthetic line on the front and an 8 on the rear with no issues or concerns.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I've got the xcr8 and so far and knocking on wood, it's worked every time, first time, no questions asked. I run it with synthetic line and when not being used its covered with a neoprene cover. Despite that its rusted in places and the rubber cable connector cover at the solenoid has torn off.

It works, but it's pretty damn slow.

Would I buy one again? Probably not. Superwinch is located less than 80 miles away and I'd rather do business with them. I should have saved a bit longer in the first place and gotten a Superwinch. Oh well. This one works.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I gave this same topic a lot of thought when I decided to go with the xrc8. My bottom line was that i never put myself in a situation that i would be the only guy with a winch, so if the thing ever does take a crap on me i would be pissed but not stranded. If your a weekend warrior like me i say why not, if your more hardcore about wheelin go with a stronger more proven winch. And for those of you not familiar with winchfest myself and jeeperjkj basically dead pulled a burned up jeep uphill for about 10 hours with no break. It was the first time I used the winch and didn't have any issues with the winch. Since then I have used it maybe a half dozen times with zero issues, well other then it just being slow. The rubber boot that covers the remote plug did tear off and every once in a while I have to break up some dried mud at the bottom so the plug seats fully, but it hasn't been a problem for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts