JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How far do you drive your lifted jeep with big tires ?
The dealer told me that I should not drive on the highway with a 4" lift and 35" tires, that it's to hard on drive line.:bawling:

·
Premium Member
2,274 Posts
You have to be careful on the highway Lifted jeep flip really easy. I lowered mine with the eibach spor suspension so i feel safe driving on the high way
I always feel good driving on the highway, might have something to do with my hand slipping into my lap.:grinpimp:
Just for shits & giggles, I drive about 55 miles a day.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
With a 4"+ lift, I would be inclined to replace those OEM drive-shafts.....regardless of hwy miles.

With after-market drive-shafts (maintained/ greased), there is no drive-line issue that should prevent putting as many miles on the hwy as you want.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
What dipshit dealer said that? Hard on the driveline? What would they rather you take it rock crawling instead? Since when are highway miles harder on a driveline than city miles?

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
They say most accidents occur within 10 miles of the home.

holy shit...another one???

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I did Jersey to Cali to Arizona back to Jersey on 35's... still running good 30K later

·
Registered
156 Posts
I drive 5 miles to work each day in my 3.5in lift + 35in tires Jeep, hitting around 70mph on the interstate.

Or, I did.

I was trying to park yesterday, and I went a little too far and my front tires hit the little parking baricade.

<SNAP>

My front axel just tore itself in two. And then the driveline fell to the ground.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I <3 JKOwners!

Anyway, I'v done five 400 mile each way trips, and several 200 mile each way trips. I did tear a driveshaft boot with a 3'' lift on a 2 door, but the dealer warrantied it :D

I have 33'' tires and a 3'' lift and it's fine on the highway. I'm actually taking it from middle Georgia to Salt Lake City in 2012. I may hit up Moab on the way :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
I drive 100 miles a day on a rock krawler 3.5" lift with factory drive shafts and do not have any problems. I did end up breaking my front axle but i was off-road not on the highway.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I drive over 600 miles round trip at least once a month. At least some of it on I-70 at speeds between 65 and 80. Ive got only a 2" lift (installed at the dealer sometime before I even considered buying my Heep. Would have gone bigger if I had installed it!) Ive also got 35's.:beer:

·
Registered
625 Posts
I've done 26k on my 4door X.
I got almost 5" out of my TF lift and run 37s and I've been up to 95mph on the hwy. stock drive shafts are doing fine so far. I'll upgrade when they break to custom length ones front and rear.

i did bend the d30, and bent all my steering shit but that was frustration and not seeing the rock that was between my wheels... oops.

·
Registered
649 Posts
6" suspension lift - 2" body lift and 37's I drive about 70 mph anywhere from 50 and up miles a day. No problems... The service guys at dealerships should actually own a jeep before they're allowed to talk about them...

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
60 miles a day on a RE 3.5" lift and 35" tires, 55000 miles later no problems:bounce:

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
This is the best thread I have ever read. That is all.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i daily drive mine 22 miles each way to work and im on 40's. my wife drives the shit out of it when she takes it, she's one of those psysco suburban house wife's. she definatly takes the suburban assult vehicle literally.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
"CAIN" is based out of Lawrence KS. I drove it to Las Vegas, Moab, Big Bend National Park Texas, Daytona Beach Florida and Sedona Arizona.It was my DD last year, so it has been all over the place. I have a Ram this year but no trailer yet. I may end up going cross country again. To wheel in Kansas I have to drive at least 100 miles to the trail heads.

5.5 X-Factor Plus Rock Krawler Coil-Overs and 39x14.5-17 Pit Bull MadDog Bias-Ply tires. No issues and was comfortable the entire time. Motor was stock, transmission stock 6-speed, 5.38 gears in Dana 60 Axles. Wheeled hard and drove back to Kansas.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts