JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going forward, any thread I start that is Political and NOT Jeep related will come with the (Political) tag.

Sen. McCain promised that as president he would order the Treasury Department to guarantee 100 percent of all savings for six months. Such a guarantee, above the $250,000 now in force, would ease consumer fears of bank failures and restore "rational judgment to the choices of the market," he said.

While I think this is a nice gesture, what does it do for the majority of the country that doesn't have $250,000 in a savings account? Or $500,000 for married couples? Opinion: this is really just fodder and won't do anything to resolve the economic crisis.

McCain said President Bush's $250 billion plan to buy shares in the nation's leading banks — which helped stocks soar on Monday — should be short-term and last only until the institutions are reformed and put on a sound footing again.

"When that is accomplished," McCain said, "government will relinquish its interest in these private companies. We're going to get the government out of the business of bailouts and equity stakes and back in the business of responsible regulation."

Opinion: absolutely agree. Short term prop of the big banks. But will this work to solidify jobs???

And that is, in my opinion, the only thing that President Bush and the two candidates should be working to accomplish. The Credit Market, Financial Institutions, Investment Banks, Corporations, etc... will work out their issues just fine on their own (while Congress puts together responsible regulation). What the government should be doing to saving jobs... that is what EVERY American is affected by directly: job loss.

More than 3.6 million Americans received unemployment benefits, according to the McCain campaign. If the government eliminated taxes on unemployment benefits, recipients would see an increase on average of nearly 10 percent, the campaign said.

YES! Why do we tax unemployment benefits? You paid them when you worked, as a tax, and now when you need your "insurance" you are taxed? Seems like you get taxed twice on the same income and that is not legal... anyway eliminating the unemployment tax is a very good idea. And when states cry foul, we should just mention that is 10% Federal Tax gone and that money is now directly infused into local economies.

McCain also called for cutting the tax rate on capital gains in half, down to 7.5 percent for two years. "This vital measure will promote buying, raise asset values, help companies and shore up the pension plans for workers and retirees," he said.

What the fawk? First, NO ONE is making any money right on any pension plan or retiree account or 401k etc... But seriously, will there EVER be an election when a Republican won't call for cutting Capital Gains???? What a bunch of crap.

McCain proposed lowering the tax rate on Individual Retirement Accounts and 401(k) plans to the lowest rate, 10 percent, on the first $50,000 withdrawn. The McCain campaign estimated it would affect 9 million people over the age of 60, but the biggest benefit would go to the highest income seniors.

YES! The only folks, other than those who lost their job recently, that are completely fawked by the current economic woes are retirees. Their investments are directly affected, which means their only source of income is completely affected. Lower the tax, now. And make it permament.

And to be fair: the other guy, Sen. Obama, called for:
1. Suspending the tax on unemployment benefits
2. Extending unemployment benefits
3. A 90-day moratorium on home foreclosures at some banks
4. A two-year tax break for businesses that create new jobs
5. Allow people to withdraw up to $10,000 from their retirement accounts without any penalty this year and next

So, who's working to actually create (and SAVE) jobs? In my most humble opinion, fawk Wall Street, they'll save themselves. We need Congress and State legislatures working to keep jobs and foster an environment that will create new jobs... that is the only way we will survive this economic crisis. So, ask yourself, not who is better at National Security (they're both going to protect us) or who hung out with whom or what religion they are or aren't or where they were born or if you're going to loose your guns (you won't, Supreme Court has already spoken on many gun issues) or if he's healthy enough to run... ask yourself, who is going to save your job?

·
Registered
586 Posts
I personally believe we have passed the point of no return. we are going to have to fall 'till we stop then start from there cleaning this mess up. I don't think either candidate [yokel] is able to help. Politicians [both sides] have bought votes and pandered away our future and we have let them. I'm not so sure this is a correctable situation. Just my 2 cents...don't mean nothin'.:shaking:

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I dont believe either man is evil. I think one is (more) right and one is (more) wrong than the other.

Finally....a thought we can agree on......"right" for McCain/Republican, "wrong" Obama/Demotard/Independent on drugs

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Big shocker: you dont think independently. Baaaaah! Baaaaaaah!

On another note..

Did you hear Cheney was hospitalized w/ an irregular heartbeat today?

Yeah it shocked me too! Cheney has a heart!

He's very much like the 'tards on the left...he does have a rather primitive heart, and yes, it's subject to a bit of atrial fib...now, which one amongst you has a bigger and more developed heart? Mental note...D/C Digoxin, increase Lasix, cardio consult for pacemaker

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Im pretty sure my heart is bigger. That's what the EKG said anyways. Doc said not to worry, everything about me is bigger and the readings were normal.

Im still shocked though.

Hmmmm....cardiomegaly....your doctor must be a Democrat.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
You would be surprised, oh seeker of pervs, that I am and always will be a Democrat...there just hasn't been an honest and decent one since JFK...and I believe his demise was at the hands of Democrats...but that's just me.

P.S. Chris....don't show up at my ER with constipation issues...I'll throw you right out...Cobra/EMTALA be damned.

·
Registered
705 Posts
who is going to save your job?
Shoot, right now, it looks like either of them will do me just fine. =)

But, I like my bigger tax break under Obama. Also, as a social libertarian, I don't like being told what I can do in my own home - there's only one party that tries to force their sense of right and wrong on my private actions... I like my guns, but I'll trade an AK-47 for a private phone call any day. I'll even trade my extended clips for a guarantee of due process. However, I'm pretty darn sure that if one of them gets elected, I won't have to trade anything...

!c

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Obama’s New Debate Record!

Yes, last night’s debate was the best debate yet for Obama. He got off 185 “Uah” breaking his previous record of the first debate of 102 “Uah”.

Truly a brilliant ObamUah! Obviously he won this debate by with his marvelous “Uah”.

He obviously thought Sarah Palin merited at least a dozen “Uah”. He could hardly say anything about her without spitting out several.

This must also be the secret weapon that he plans to use when he sits down, unconditionally to negotiate with terrorists. Just “Uah” them into submission.

Now, if he could just speak decent English.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
The Sad Thing About This Election...

...is that, should Obama prove to be victorious, his margin of victory will come from millions of newly-registered voters - college students, welfare recipients, convicted felons - most of whom have never had to be responsible for making a living, owning a house, or paying taxes.

I suspect that, were these folks older, wiser, and more invested in this country, their votes would be quite different.

It's easy to be mesmerized by a charlatan and a con man when one has nothing to lose.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Yes, last night’s debate was the best debate yet for Obama. He got off 185 “Uah” breaking his previous record of the first debate of 102 “Uah”.

Truly a brilliant ObamUah! Obviously he won this debate by with his marvelous “Uah”.

He obviously thought Sarah Palin merited at least a dozen “Uah”. He could hardly say anything about her without spitting out several.

This must also be the secret weapon that he plans to use when he sits down, unconditionally to negotiate with terrorists. Just “Uah” them into submission.

Now, if he could just speak decent English.
Yeah, Obama does have a problem with communificating and expressification. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
his margin of victory will come from millions of newly-registered voters - college students, welfare recipients, convicted felons - most of whom have never had to be responsible for making a living, owning a house, or paying taxes.
ding, ding, ding. we have a winner. lots of people want hand-outs and obama is pandering to that. how many times did he utter the words, "middle-class" last night? spread the wealth around....rob from the rich to give to the poor.

we are living in an age where the younger people don't know what it means to put it effort or work....they think things are entitled to them....that "work" is a four-letter word. I should benefit from someone else's success so that I might have more.....

from each according to his ability, to each according to their need.

we already tried this idea of massive taxes on the "rich" during the carter years and it failed miserably....reagan had to come in and clean house - but CUTTING taxes to get the economy going again.

we aren't in the worst economic state since the depression, we are in the worst economic state since CARTER. and it took a tax-cutting republican to fix those mistakes.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
how about common sense....sorry, i forgot who i was talking to there for a second. look at who barry soetoro (or whatever he wants to be called now) is pandering to...."spread the wealth around."

Common sense (or, when used attributively as an adjective, commonsense, common-sense, or commonsensical), based on a strict construction of the term, consists of what people in common would agree on: that which they "sense" (in common) as their common natural understanding. Sound judgment not based on specialized knowledge; native good judgment.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
There are plenty of sources to verify this information if you are just willing to look. I, personally, saw a program showing Obamas campaign going to small poverty stricken unincorporated villages in New Mexico, registering voters, and telling them Obamas going to change things for them. Poor uneducated people are the easiest to deceive.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.