JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
We have a JK version already drawn up. Just waiting to get some other projects done before cutting a first article on it.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
just trying to have a little fun in the thread. sorry for having fun.. this is serious business! :grinpimp::beer:

:innocent:
remember this is the tech section so please keep the post tech related. all non tech related threads need to stay in chit chat.
dont want marcy bustin up in here. your comment did make me laugh though :laughing:

tech: seems like a good way to reinforce the weak JK hoods. :beer:

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
It does get hot under the JK hood. Whats the surface area that is now used for ventilation on that louver?

tech enough for you? :thefinger::beer:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
All that really isn't that necessary, just toss a pair of genright or gtp louvers on it and call it good...
I was going to do that, but you gotta admit, those don't look nearly as good as the PSC hood louvers.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I really like the looks of this one too! I would get this.It does look like it would require some large holes, but also looks like enough attachment points to re-inforce the hood. I just hope it attaches with nut-serts!!! Love me some nut-serts:beer:

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
I was going to do that, but you gotta admit, those don't look nearly as good as the PSC hood louvers.
Which the gtp? I disagree, they install and look factory if you do it right. Id rather have that instead of a piece of sheet metal with 30 rivetts holding it on. And if you're off at all on a hole you'll get gaps between the sheet metal and hood... no thanks

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
Everyone (everyone that's seen their Jeep covered in snow) knows the hotspots on the hood. I would like to see a panel that addressed those spots and possibly incorporated a scoop for Avenger-type S/C's.
any venting you do is going to help. also venting the inner fenders can help a lot as well. we did these on nick's after a few beers (so we had an excuse if they weren't straight)

and with it sitting on the trail you can see the heat coming out of them.

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You really dont like this? I think they look good on this one...and i would love to see em on a silver JK. I can just imagine how much cooler the engine would run...that damn thing gets smokin' hot

1 - 20 of 142 Posts