JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The April issue of 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utlity Mag has a great 6 page article on Larry McRae's JK and they put him on the cover..

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Congrats Larry!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
123 Posts
congrats!!! your jeep looks awesome and deserved a cover shot.:beer:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Grats guys! They deserve it.

·
Registered
938 Posts
congrats!!! your jeep looks awesome and deserved a cover shot.:beer:
Thanks all. The shoot was a lot of fun. The editor, Kevin Blumer, was way cool. The original plan was to take a few shots on the fire roads around the shop. The forest in the background would have been a cool back drop but kind of lame in the action department. When Kevin saw the Jeep he said we should shoot it on the trails it was built for and not just a fire road. When I told him it was built for the Hammers he didn’t hesitate a second and said “Let’s go!” I was pumped and very happy that he captured the essence of the build. He was the motivation I needed to attempt Back Door. While on my adrenalin high I was the first and so far only JK to successfully climb Back Door sans winch. It was a very cool day! Thanks Kevin.:beer:

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Thanks guys, still haven't seen a copy and it's killing me!
Heck! I would have thought he would have sent you one before hitting the stands!

GREAT JOB!!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Heck! I would have thought he would have sent you one before hitting the stands!

GREAT JOB!!
You would think! I did have a scanned version sent to me a couple of weeks ago by a company that sells framed copies of the article. It looked cool, but just not the same as holding the mag in my hand.:grinpimp:

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
You would think! I did have a scanned version sent to me a couple of weeks ago by a company that sells framed copies of the article. It looked cool, but just not the same as holding the mag in my hand.:grinpimp:
Well... did you call them and have bundle of them sent over to your shop??

1 - 20 of 35 Posts