JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
The straps hook into the slots on the side of the skid plate. The idea is to keep the Evap Can secured inside the skid plate. You only want to tighten the bolt enough so that holds your Evap Can in the skid plate. If you over tighten you can cause damage to the plastic Evap can and defeat the purpose of protecting it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The straps hook into the slots on the side of the skid plate. The idea is to keep the Evap Can secured inside the skid plate. You only want to tighten the bolt enough so that holds your Evap Can in the skid plate. If you over tighten you can cause damage to the plastic Evap can and defeat the purpose of protecting it. Hope this helps.
Thank you. I thought I wasn't following instructions. The instructions are excellent until they tell you to put the canister inside the skid plate... Then your on your own. I still have two 90s I don't know what to do with, and some zip ties to replace the broken hose clamps... Jeez. What a PITA.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Once it's in place you're going to love it. I've had mine in place for a couple years. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The arms were for 2011 and below.. Lol.. Jeez..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts