JKOwners Forum banner

Brawler or BFH

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in a debate with bumpers for my jeep and have narrowed it down to one company but i really dont know which line i want to run. I like all posion spyder products but i dont no if i want to run the bfh line of bumpers or the rock brawler line. Both have their pros and cons.

Brawler line:
Pros: Looks really good, all bolt on

Cons: Heavy, expensive

BFH line:
Pros: Light weight, not expensive, looks good

Cons: Requires cutting of frame rails, would have to run the spare in the back ( no biggy i dont run a rear seat anyway).

Ive ordered everything except my bumpers because im having a really hard time deciding what i want to run. Im sure some of you have been there done that. This will be going on a 2012 2 door sport i posted this on the other forum as well but i want to get the guys on jk owners opinions too.

·
Vendor
2,958 Posts
I run the BFH for the clearance factor. The Hammers are our backyard playground. No other bumper gives me the same stinger protection with that much clearance.

Just relocate your vacuum can and you are good to go. Yes, a PowerPlant fits with that bumper.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I run the BFH for the clearance factor. The Hammers are our backyard playground. No other bumper gives me the same stinger protection with that much clearance.

Just relocate your vacuum can and you are good to go. Yes, a PowerPlant fits with that bumper.

Looks good rebel offroad i like the added clearance also. I will do the trail stinger if i go with the bfh line.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I also run the BFH. The only downside was having to cut the end of the frame rails off. Just remember that may limit you if you decide you want another bumper. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I actually really like your setup. What made you run the bfh in the front and the brawler out back? any regrets doing this?
I wanted the tire carrier/bumper combination for the rear, so I went with the Brawler back there.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Did it cause any sag? I know the rear brawler is pretty heavy?
Maybe a 1/4 inch max. The OME springs do really well in that area.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I like the new warn better http://www.warn.com/truck/mounting-systems/rock_crawler_stubby_bumper_for_jeep_jk_tj.shtml#_self
It has lift points for a high lift which is nice maintains the fogs and doesn't seem like it requires moving the pump.
or the new rugged ridge in aluminum stubby is light and I believe it is a little cheaper then the PSC.

Personally I would not chop the frame to add a bumper since so many other good options exist and once you do it your committed to that bumper, which you may change your mind on down the road.

I have the brawler lite with bar and I would not get it again it is a little heavy and I don't like the way the fogs mount. The expectation is you will force the stock screws into the steal which holds them in but wont be coming out easy. The way it is fabricated you can't get paint on all the surfaces on the inside of the bumper and will just rust out faster. The bottom inside bolts that are welded into the bumper for whatever reason don't tighten all the way they snug up but feel stripped out.
Edit:
I forgot to mention the other thing is they don't make the skid for a 2011 or newer PSC has been talking about it since the 2011's came out. Not sure if it will ever happen.

·
Registered
13,219 Posts
I'm a BFH kinda guy, I run the comp stinger. When I was going back and forth between the trail and comp stinger, I figured if you are going to go bold and run a stinger...get the biggin' or go brawler.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the new warn better http://www.warn.com/truck/mounting-systems/rock_crawler_stubby_bumper_for_jeep_jk_tj.shtml#_self
It has lift points for a high lift which is nice maintains the fogs and doesn't seem like it requires moving the pump.
or the new rugged ridge in aluminum stubby is light and I believe it is a little cheaper then the PSC.

Personally I would not chop the frame to add a bumper since so many other good options exist and once you do it your committed to that bumper, which you may change your mind on down the road.

I have the brawler lite with bar and I would not get it again it is a little heavy and I don't like the way the fogs mount. The expectation is you will force the stock screws into the steal which holds them in but wont be coming out easy. The way it is fabricated you can't get paint on all the surfaces on the inside of the bumper and will just rust out faster. The bottom inside bolts that are welded into the bumper for whatever reason don't tighten all the way they snug up but feel stripped out.
Edit:
I forgot to mention the other thing is they don't make the skid for a 2011 or newer PSC has been talking about it since the 2011's came out. Not sure if it will ever happen.
I like that warn bumper it looks nice but i know im going to end up with PSC products on my rig it just fits my style. Im sorry for thr problems you had with your brawler light ive never heard of alot of guys having problems with there products.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
This is a random question but for those of you that are cutting your frame rails and running the bfh line are you done paying off your jeep?
Yes, but it would not have been a factor either way.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.