JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm replacing my RSE shorty front bumper with A Poison spyder brawler lite front bumper. My question/problem is, I have A set of Hella's mounted to my RSE now and the Poison spyder comes with spots to mount your existing fog lights. Which I don't have do to putting the hella's in their place using the factory wiring. I want to put actual fog lights back in the poison spyder and get rid of the Hella's. I don't necessarily want to go with oem fog lights, I'd actually like to go with some nice aftermarket ones that I can plug into the factory harness and fit the Poison spyder bumper. But I also want them to work as actual fog lights. I have A 2012 4 door Rubi.

Any suggestions and help would be great. Thanks guys!

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those look really good! what kind of price were you after getting the lights and the adapters to put them in your fog light sockets? I'm not necessarily looking for plug and play. I just need them to fit in the bumper and be able to splice if necessary to the factory fog light switch.

How do they work in the fog?

· Registered
863 Posts

· V8 dreams
2,722 Posts
I can't remember the exact price, but I got both the lights and the brackets from River City Offroad.

Mine flickered too and I believe we had to put a relay on them to make them stop.

Vandy

· Registered
2,704 Posts
I'm also kickin around the VisionX lights but haven't pulled the trigger.

For the price they seem to be a pretty nice buy. They include everything you need to install and use them for about $299.

As for quality, they're probably on par or better than Rigid as a brand.

· Registered
347 Posts
I also went with Rigids:

These are the D2 Driving. They are awesome offroad or on a country road, but they are like highbeams. They suck in fog (blinding) and they can't be used in oncoming traffic.
Agreed. Just had d2s installed on the PS brawler front bumper last week and while they are a phenomenal light source, totally cannot use on road. Unless you really want to be a dick.

It's my understanding that the brawler is made specifically to accommodate the d2s. But I could have been told wrong.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe I'll take the dive and try out those new Visionx's... I would really like to be able to use them as fog lights. I have A rigid 20" light bar and the hella's and everything now. So when I'm in fog my options are bright, really bright, really really bright, or really really really bright.

Has anyone ran the Rigid fog lights? not the driving lights?

Also I believe on the PS brawler isn't necessarily made for the rigids. They just sell the adapter to fit a square light in a round hole.

· Registered
2,704 Posts
Maybe I'll take the dive and try out those new Visionx's... I would really like to be able to use them as fog lights. I have A rigid 20" light bar and the hella's and everything now. So when I'm in fog my options are bright, really bright, really really bright, or really really really bright.

Has anyone ran the Rigid fog lights? not the driving lights?

Also I believe on the PS brawler isn't necessarily made for the rigids. They just sell the adapter to fit a square light in a round hole.
I don't think Rigid has a true 'fog light'. I though the options were spot, flood or driving depending on if D1 or D2.

Maybe try an amber cover on the Rigid 20". It may soften up the light enough in conditions where there is a lot of moisture in the air (rain, fog snow). My buddy ran an amber on the rigid 20" he runs on his raptor and it seemed to help cut back some of the light reflection on a snow run we were on up in the Michigan UP back in January.

And you're right about the Brawler, it's designed to accommodate factory fogs but you can use Rigids with the Rigid/BDF adapter bracket.

If you go VisionX, post up about them. They're on my short list, but I also have a lot of other things on my short list that are a l'il more important. :(

· V8 dreams
2,722 Posts
The d2 are a lot brighter than just a regular dually right? I've only been bright-lighted maybe 2-3 times in about 4 months of use. They are basically making up for the shitty factory headlights.

Vandy

· Registered
2,704 Posts
The d2 are a lot brighter than just a regular dually right? I've only been bright-lighted maybe 2-3 times in about 4 months of use. They are basically making up for the shitty factory headlights.

Vandy
Yeah, something like that. Duallies are about 1300 lumen vs 2600 for the D2's. It could be how you have the lights aimed if they're aimed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.