JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I typically don't post many threads here but I'm having an issue with the install of my Poison Spyder brawler 2 rear bumper that I couldn't find in my search. I have removed the stock rear "bumper" and hitch to test fit the brawler before paint. The instructions mention nothing of the rear crossmember but the integrated hitch on the new bumper is making contact with it, keeping the bumper from sliding far enough on the frame to fasten with the original bolt holes. Has anyone had this issue with their install? If so, what did you do to resolve the issue? I don't mind a little cutting on the crossmember but I would hate to do it and find out it wasn't needed. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Should add that this is going on a 2011 Unlimited Rubicon but I can't imagine that would matter much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I would post what I found about what was going on with my bumper for anyone with problems in the future. I contacted Dusty from Poison Spyder and he recommended I call their tech guys to see what was up. Apparently I received an early production bumper that had the hitch further into the bumper. The tech offered a full replacement, at no charge, or told me that others have notched the backside of the hitch to clear. I would have done this earlier but didn't want to cut into the bumper without knowing this was the issue. I opted to keep the bumper I have and make the modification. Everyone I dealt with was great and I will be buying more products through Poison Spyder soon. Hope this will help others but it likely won't be an issue anymore since it was an early production.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts