JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be removing my crash bar this weekend and installing this bumper and a Warn Zeon 10 eventually

Any recommendations on winch mount? I know PS makes their own. Just wondering if they are the best option out there. Ran rugged ridge bumpers in the past and my winch was saw tight it actually pressed into my grill.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your question? I'm fairly sure the bumper already has the standard winch mount pre-drilled. There is no addition winch mount; there is the optional fairlead bracket, but again it aligns and uses the exist standard winch mount holes that are pre-drilled. My original BFH front bumper put my Warn M8000 winch close to the grill but didn't touch it. I can't answer for the Warn Zeon 10 winch. Also I believe you have some choice in how much you want to trim and how close you want to mount the bumper to the grille.

optional fairlead mount
https://shop.poisonspyder.com/Winch-Fairlead-Mount-p/45-57-010.htm

Fairlead instructions
https://poisonspyder.com/media/install_instructions/INST-45-57-010_A.pdf

bumper instructions
https://poisonspyder.com/media/install_instructions/INST-17-61-021_A.pdf

Good Luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I was referring to the fairlead mount?
I have the bumper and the winch just came. Just trying to get some people’s thoughts.

I was so excited 4 weeks ago since I got a new rig.i bought all this stuff, got a bunch of things powdercoated and this virus is just destroyed me mentally. Working in the NYC, it appears now it is not if you’ll get sick, it’s when!

I’m not so much scared of getting this virus. I’ll be working Monday with a guy I know who is coming off being quarantined( this will be the 4th time I worked with people who have been quarantined).I’m at the point where I’m like, if it’s going to happen, lets get it over. Right now, make plans for nothing and hope for the best.

Everybody has fear in there eyes

Unfortunately, I don’t see how it can be contained. Guys are taking all the safety measures and still contracting it.

Sorry for the mental rant

·
Registered
237 Posts
I don't know how many choices you have for fairlead mounts. The one PSC offers is fine,

Yeah we are going through weird times; Stay safe.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Based on PSC website, you will need spacer plates and fairlead mount in order to install a Warn Zeon. Check out 4wheelonline. They carry Poison Spyder products at a good price.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1593366680342.jpeg

Well finally got around to it. Took me a bit longer than the 2 hour instruction’s. Snapped the bolts given when relocating the vacuum pump. I guess I will need the disco skid since everything is exposed, but it claims the BFH II skid is made for ‘07 to ‘ 11 .

Anybody know what fabbing will be awaiting me if I go that route?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Great looking Jeep! I would think that the skid would fit if you relocated the vacuum pump? I seriously doubt you need the skid plate, you look to be sitting higher than me and I haven't had any issue with the swaybar contacting rocks. I just rotated mine up a little.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts