JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im on the fence about getting some poison spider fenders...probably will go with the steel for the torment..my question is can these be painted to color match my jeep? May get aluminum for the weight so i just don't know..can either the steel or aluminum be painted?? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
13,219 Posts
Sure they can. I'd imagine if you want the absolute best finish a skim coat of filler along the tops (sanded down) with a good self etching primer and you can have whatever you want shot on it pretty well. Definitely paintable with whatever you want.

Hit up Marcus at RiverCity off road if you haven't yet for Poison Spyder stuff.

·
V8 dreams
3,579 Posts
Oh yeah man a lot of people color matched those psc parts. I don't know if it's user error or the shitty run of rustoleum cans I experienced(spraying chunks, then just air, then paint, really inconsistent), but my steel bumper and rails turned out better than my aluminum flares.

Vandy

·
Registered
13,219 Posts
Oh yeah man a lot of people color matched those psc parts. I don't know if it's user error or the shitty run of rustoleum cans I experienced(spraying chunks, then just air, then paint, really inconsistent), but my steel bumper and rails turned out better than my aluminum flares.

Vandy
What'd you prime them with? Self-etching primer is the way to fly with aluminum parts, steel as well, but I notice the biggest difference when dealing with aluminum.

·
V8 dreams
3,579 Posts
What'd you prime them with? Self-etching primer is the way to fly with aluminum parts, steel as well, but I notice the biggest difference when dealing with aluminum.
I used the same rustoleum self etching primer that I used on my steel parts. That's why I couldn't figure out the problem. Maybe user error lol

Vandy

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
As stated, you can paint them pretty much any color you want. I just hit my PSC aluminum flares and body armor, and PSC BFH front and rear bumpers with Rustoleum self-etching primer and Duplicolor bedliner. I've had two people ask me since if they were professionally done.

·
Registered
937 Posts
1) Rattle can them black
2) beat the living shit out of them
3) Sand, then rattle can again
4) Repeat often.

View attachment 44841
DD,
I see you're ready for the Poison Spyder hood skids.:grinpimp: I love to see the Crusher Flares being used as they were intended.:beer:
Thanks,

·
Vendor
2,958 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.