JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i just wire my new 18watt pods x2 to my existing 52 inch light bat wiring to use the same switch for all? Is that as simple as just splicing the neg and poss to the light bars neg and poss and done? Im thinking theres redundancy with the 52 inch light bar and a couple of pods with 6 leds each wont over power the circut but I dont have a clue so there ya have it. haha Anyone ever do this?

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Can i just wire my new 18watt pods x2 to my existing 52 inch light bat wiring to use the same switch for all? Is that as simple as just splicing the neg and poss to the light bars neg and poss and done? Im thinking theres redundancy with the 52 inch light bar and a couple of pods with 6 leds each wont over power the circut but I dont have a clue so there ya have it. haha Anyone ever do this?
As long as the wires, switch/relay, fuse, etc. can handle the extra current load, it should be fine. Just make sure you make good, solid, water resistant splices and insulate them well from the possibility of a short.

Do you know the draw of the light bar (watts), the size of wire and the rating of the switch or relays? Is it stuff that came with the light bar?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as the wires, switch/relay, fuse, etc. can handle the extra current load, it should be fine. Just make sure you make good, solid, water resistant splices and insulate them well from the possibility of a short.

Do you know the draw of the light bar (watts), the size of wire and the rating of the switch or relays? Is it stuff that came with the light bar?

No I dont know Ill have to do some digging. Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So all as i can tell is theres a 20Amp fuse from the light bar direct to battery on positive side. im trying to figure out what that tells me haha I cant find the relay still looking for it. it was done at a shop years ago very clean good install. To clean!! haha The pods have 9-32 Voltx 18 watts each pod power capacity ? 6x 3 watts each light and theres 12 all together 6 on each pod. A buddy said just wire them up directly to the poss and neg and if I blow a fuse run a separate relay for the pods? that sorta makes scene. im the worst when it comes to electronics!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts