JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started my jeep after work today, and all was well until it started coming off of fast idle (I'm assuming this is when it starts going into closed loop). It started missing and generally running like crap. It started gradually comign off fast idle ( mine always takes its time doing this, don't know if thats normal) and once it reached regular idle speed, it smoothed out and ran fine the rest of the day. Checked codes with my Aerotech gauge when i got home, and it gave me a PO455 which is EVAP Purge System Large Leak. Anyone ever get this one? Any ideas? I installed a skidrow evap skid last week, but it never gave me any trouble till today, and I looked under it this evening, and I didn't see any damaged hoses or cracks in the canister. Don't even smell any gas to tell you the truth. Could it be a bad gas cap? I'd think I'd get codes alot more often if I had an external leak though. Could the valve have just gotten stuck open? I'm thinking maybe thats what happened since it affected the way it ran too, but I think there is a code for that as well. I don't know. I'm gonna wait and see if it does it again before I call the dealer I think. I gotta take it in at 6,000miles to have them recheck my lifter tick, might just have them check that code then.

·
Premium Member
15,301 Posts
Mine also idles a little high when starting in the morning. It doesnt seem to be affected by ambient air temp as much as the fact that it's been sitting for a long time/ overnight. The rest of the day it idles normal rpm or even a little under. Know that doesn't help with the code/ evap can deal. Wonder if you could've gotten some moisture into the intake. If no signifigant mods (that would prevent warranty coverage)...I would see what the dealership says. Maybe there is a TSB that applies to your issue as well. JMO

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
P0455 can often be caused by a loose gas cap. Make sure your gas cap is on good and check your EVAP hoses.

The running roughly when it comes off fast idle sounds like an unrelated issue to me, I've had P0455 codes on other vehicles and never had any issues with rough running etc.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I don't know, it hasn't done it since. The gas cap was on tight, I checked that, and all hoses look intact, and don't smell any gas. I guess if it does it again, I'll start to worry about it. My only issue now is that I didn't clear the code after checking it, but I checked codes again the other day when I got that mysterious "ding" again, and my gauge said there were no codes. I didn't clear it myself, so I don't knwo what happened to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.