JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a slightly used 2010 Jeep JK Unlimited Rubicon. It has the Mygig nav stereo and I would like to add a subwoofer (it has none). Noticed there an unused plug behind the rear seat that looks like it might be made to attach the Mopar sub. The wire runs under the drivers seat and connects to another much larger plug behind the far left dash. What is this plug? Is it possible that this is the connector for the Mopar powered subwoofer? If not, then what is it?

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well then... It looks like the plug for power windows and locks on a back door also if it's an Unlimited. But of course you would know if you had those and if they were working, so I'm not sure past that.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
the wiring harness for the subwoofer comes from the harness under the carpet on the right rear fender/wheel well. there will likely be a slit in the carpet for the pass-thru. the plug is square and it has 4 wires... the sub is a dual voicecoil, so it has wiring for both channels. dont get excited, its something like 40 watts per channel.

take a peek here... i was doing some work. the sub harness is disconnected and laid on top of the carpet.

for comparison, here is the back of the sub box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts