JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry but need help/advice...so giving the details.
2009 Jeep Wrangler (automatic) primary transportation that I DON'T drive off road, live near Dubai.
1. In December it was shaking at low speeds only; the shop said it was my transmission. Receipt says "Gear box open and fitted" "Gear converter repaired with computer system programmed." Paid $1143
2. The day after receiving it back ALL of the transmission fluid leaked out and saturated my under carriage; STILL smells of oil inside. I returned it and they said the technician forgot to replace the seals. $0
3. Now in January the "hot oil" indicator chimed 3 times on my regular two hour weekend drive. I'd pull over, idle in neutral, it would go off, I would continue. The following morning on my way to the shop the gears were PROPER SLIPPING above 2k rpm; so I slowly drove under 2k rpm to the shop. There is a 2 month warranty on their job. Got it back, receipt says "transmission adjustment". $0
4. 2 days later it wouldn't shift, only rev high but not increase speed. Tonight they called to say they are gonna replace the whole transmission with a used one with only a 7 day warranty. He says at no charge. $0
PLEASE ADVISE...this sounds wrong to me.

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
IBTM but mods r MIA-lol

Same advice as other thread. Shop is trying to screw you over. Find a new shop/where r u located?.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts