JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I write this my jk is getting the 2in bb with nitro shocks getting iinstalled... for the time being they are putting the steelies back on...wheels/tires within 2-3 days... the shop wants 150 for alignment?? is this necesary at all and if so should i get it now or will discount tire do it when i go there and get wheels/tires for free? i'm confused and ive gotta call them and let them know!!!
thanks yall
keith

·
Registered
587 Posts
I didn't get the alignment because it felt fine. You might want to drive it a little first and see if it pulls before you pay for it. We put a 2.5" lift on and then tires/wheels a week later. Never needed the alignment.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
NO. you do NOT have to get it aligned yet. that length of time will not hurt anything.
the alignment will br fine to do in a couple of days.33

I check my alignment when I put on my 1st lift(a BB) and everything was fine.

·
Registered
587 Posts
To explain further... we did the lift at home and put the stock wheels/tires back on and then about 2 weeks later upgraded to 33" tires. I know the lift instructions recommended an alignment, but I think that's just to cover their liability on it. I do believe that if you replace other parts, an alignment would be needed. It's up to you though. I'm really not an expert - just a newbie.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome...thanks for the quick replies... i was freakin out that the 250$ install was about to be 400... so will discount tire do it when they put on new tires?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Don't do an alignment unless the steering is pulling to one side or the other. Drive around with your new tires for awhile and see how it feels. It won't hurt anything to try it out for a little bit before deciding if it's necessary. I never needed it either.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright even better... btw i hope my jeep turns out like yours jh

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
will do with my goofie steelies

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that doesnt but this will....

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
not sure if you got this yet but NO ALIGNMENT :laughing: I'd love to know though what they would adjust for $150, fucking scam that is. The only thing they could adjust is the toe and maybe if they are smart enough straighten the steering wheel if it needs it

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sorry the pictures suk so bad but here it is with NO ALIGNMENT!!! lol

·
Registered
454 Posts
Good move parking next to the mini cooper......making the jeep look even bigger :smokin:

So far so good! What wheel tire combo you go with? It will be a long 3 days till you get it ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i went to discounttire today and the mock cragar 8's they didnt have for the jk (in 17's at least)
i talked with the guy and found xd series addict (black) with 295/70/17 nitto terra grapplers
all together it was about $2200 which was about 150 off
what do yall think of this setup??

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I just don't like KMC... but the price sounds about right. I paid less than that for black soft 8s and 35 BFG MTs mounted and balanced.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I paid $1,500 for my tires/rims (they gave me $500 trade in for my stock tires/rims towards the purchase). Didn't charge me for mounting/balancing because they were a special order that the other person didn't pick up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts