JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife scuffed the L/S fender flare on a tree just a light hit, busted the marker light and the hard plastic around the light & all the clips that hold the more flexible outer part of the flare to the body.
When I got around to fix this I noticed there are plastic rivets that hold the inner & outer together, the R/S was lose also so I took both sides off thinking it would not look goofy while I could get the pieces to fix it. I go to the dealer after work to order a marker light and the clips I need, the clips for the flare to body .45 cents the rivets for attaching the inner to the outer $5.00 a piece :shocked:
We also noticed with the fenders off the hood does not bounce around and the engine runs cooler.
Anyone take the flares apart and put them back together?
What did you do about the rivets? I have some ideals just looking for other suggestions.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
rivets for attaching the inner to the outer $5.00 a piece
:shocked::shocked:You sure that isn't 5 bucks for the set??? Holy crap! Glad I cut mine off. That is just .... highway robbery! Grab your ankles.

I'd go to the local home center and get some nuts and bolts for a couple bucks and glue the nuts to the inside then bolt on the outside.

That is just crazy!

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I have two side marker lights from the front fenders if you haven't already bought them, just pay shipping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts